Notify
Tools

Trophy Pics Wanted - Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted
Trophy Pictures Wanted
I love Accurate Reloading. It’s the best hunting site on the Web. Period. I mean where else on the internet can a hunter such as myself get such great information, up to date hunt related news, and follow a never ending tirade of arguments related to and dealing with people that know a guy that know a guy that have a cousin that had a friend that hunted with Mark Sullivan or Peter Capstick. My friends, there is no such else place on the Web. And thank God for that. I doubt we could handle it. That being said, or written, a friend and I have started a new blog.

Hemingway’s Foyer is a blog dedicated to the outdoors, adventure, the sporting lifestyle, spirits, cigars, women, and other manly pursuits. It is the most un-PC, retro-sexual place on the Web for all things male. Hemingway’s Foyer is your last place to be a man.

www.hemingwaysfoyer.com

Why do I mention this on AR? To take you away from this cornucopia of information and entertainment? Hell no. Not at all. I bring this blog to your attention because we need trophy shots. We try to run one at least every other day or so. So, if you’re interested in seeing your mug on our blog please send us a pic with mention of who you are, who you hunted with, and what you took. Please see our past trophy posts before sending us anything though. We want you to know what you’re getting yourself into before pressing “send.” Once you’ve done that get your hide back here to AR pronto! I feel a post slamming SCI coming on.
Thanks,
Gayne C. Young – One of Us

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea, but unless I'm missing something, I couldn't find any of your trophy posts.

Also, there ought to be a bit more about Hem, a bio, pics and maybe a few links to the many other EH websites.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, It's already full of unabashed advertising - the lack of which is a huge positive for AR. If it goes forward, I hope it stays well clear of the tasteless. It's flirting with the line.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gayne
I dig it. It's a medley of Maxim magazine, The Man Show, and some hunting all rolled into one.
All things I like are touted there. In no order there are articles on hunting, guns, women, libations, useful equipment, etc. Might I suggest mountain climbing (another interest of mine) as another topic which you should add. Running & weight training as well.

I'll register upon my return Stateside. Heading out to Australia in the morning. Buffalo on the menu.
I'll be in touch. Keep up the good fight!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Gents, highly recommended for Gayne's brand of sarcastic humor. He does write serious stuff as well, such as his recent interview of Vladimir Putin.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote