THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tanzania, China hail cooperation on wildlife conservation

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania, China hail cooperation on wildlife conservation
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.xinhuanet.com/engli...2/07/c_136956640.htm

Tanzania, China hail cooperation on wildlife conservation

Source: Xinhua | 2018-02-07 18:42:58 | Editor: huaxia

Gaudence Milanzi, the Permanent Secretary in the Tanzanian Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, speaks at the China-Tanzania Forum on Wildlife Conservation and Tourism Development held on February 6. 2018 in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam.(Xinhua)

DAR ES SALAAM, Feb. 7 (Xinhua) -- Tanzanian and Chinese officials and diplomats Tuesday hailed the two countries' cooperation in wildlife conservation.

They also promised closer cooperation at the China-Tanzania Forum on Wildlife Conservation and Tourism Development held in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam.

Gaudence Milanzi, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism, said Tanzania looks at China as an important partner in conservation.

"It is evident that the future of wildlife conservation depends on the involvement of different players in planning and implementing measures to combat poaching," said Milanzi.

Hu Zhengyue, vice president of China Public Diplomacy Association, which co-hosts the event with Tanzania Tourist Board and the Chinese embassy in Tanzania, said China was very concerned with protection of wildlife.

He said the ban on ivory trade in various markets in China was a symbol of the country's commitment in conservation.

Xu Chen, Minister-Counselor of Chinese embassy in Tanzania, said the Chinese government cooperated actively with the international community on wildlife conservation.

He added that to improve inspection capacity on wildlife product trafficking, China has donated container inspection facilities to Tanzania.

"China has also spared no effort to advocate for wildlife conservation and educate the Chinese community in Tanzania on the importance of raising awareness on wildlife protection," Xu said.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
More lip service!The Chinese will never stop their insatiable appetite for animal parts!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too funny! The Chinese will bribe high ranking Tanzanian officials and ivory and rhino horn will flow to China.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Is it me, or will anyone else be surprised one day when the world wakes up and says, “What happened to Africa?” And when all signs point to China, they screw up their faces and say, “Who? Me?”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
European colonialism is just transitioning to Chinese colonialism, interspersed with a few decades of vainglorious corruption.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trouble with this is that the Chinese government is a law unto itself and in many ways an organised crime syndicate. They will say anything because at the end of the day they will do whatever they want. It's not about putting in, it's about taking out.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ijl:
The trouble with this is that the Chinese government is a law unto itself and in many ways an organised crime syndicate. They will say anything because at the end of the day they will do whatever they want. It's not about putting in, it's about taking out.

Yup

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fox is in the hen house!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chinese influence and presence is creeping deeper into the Zambian bush every day under the cover of “aid “ projects such as schools and maize mills.
Difficult for the locals to resist products that are affordable and services that are accessible.

Posts: 463 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And there are, of course, much more sinister Chinese initiatives throughout Africa.

In Zimbabwe they are trying to resuscitate Zimbabwe Defense Industries' munitions plant for the Zim government. How laudable. Oh yeah, and then they can ship from Zim to other countries in Africa that may be embargoed.

The euphemistically-named Blue Sky Rescue has a foothold in Zimbabwe (negotiated through the Chinese embassy, though they claim to be non-governmental) as a supposed APU. When you peel off a layer or two, Blue Sky is made up of "former" SF operators and they are structured like a US Vietnam era unit with explosives, medic, &c. A former British SF colleague of mine commented "I feel that these guys are active SOF who are carrying out training in Sub Sahara climates (as the British do in Kenya and Botswana). They will also have a QRF ability for issues in the region. I suspect we are only seeing the tip of the ice berg. There will be many more here."

Which begs the question why China would want SF on the ground masquerading as APUs (Blue Sky is in a lot more places than Zim)? They are NOT in Zimbabwe to poach, because they're too high-profile. But perhaps the events of last November might be a reason. When the Chinese backed Mnangagwa. They were nowhere to be seen during that, but perhaps they could have been, in a hurry.

A I am NOT a conspiracy theorist Cool

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just have to reply. It is so refreshing to see all these post in support of the African people... Just kidding, lets understand what is going on, the ruthless Chinese are raping and pillaging Africa because those Africans just can't take care of them selves. No other nations have thought or done such despicable things.

I wish the Africans would slow any potential economic growth down so others could enjoy their wild places. Other nations have progressed and mined and cut and civilized, and we need a place to go.

How insensitive of the Africans to think they can exploit their own nations natural resources without giving a flying fuck about the the rest of the worlds future. If they figure out that god gave man domino over all other creatures -- well Katy bar the door. Too late.

Well at least Elon Musk is thinking about how we can find another Africa on another planet so we can do better next time.

Let it go people, Africa is changing.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
In bigger picture and not trying to defend them but Chinese naturally go where we vacated
Africa could not handle what colonialism handed them ( simply were not prepared ) and now China offers them money/help and that’s what they see
Again they are not prepared, but maybe one day they/Africa will wake up and figure, they gotta do it on their own

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sad but true
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
More lip service!The Chinese will never stop their insatiable appetite for animal parts!

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
America and Great Britain abandoned Zimbabwe...the Chinese are filling the void. But unlike us...they will have ZERO regard for the wildlife or the environment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Do you really think the Chinese government has no regard for wildlife conservation? (Not a rhetorical question.)

I know Chinese individuals don't, but I see no reason to suppose the government is so stupid.

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by postoak:
Do you really think the Chinese government has no regard for wildlife conservation? (Not a rhetorical question.)

I know Chinese individuals don't, but I see no reason to suppose the government is so stupid.

From what I have seen...no...especially rhino and ele.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
There are zero good apples in that rotten barrel. Mere propaganda.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote