THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Economical Buff hunts that are not in Zim?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Economical Buff hunts that are not in Zim?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
Are there any economical (relatively speaking) Buffalo hunts available outside of Zim right now? I would love to hunt TZ or maybe MZ or?? I am just still leery of of Zimbabwe.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SilentT

We offer buffalo hunts all over East and Southern Africa but other than Zim my recommendations for economical hunts would be:

1x1 7 days on the Zambesi Delta in Moz with Bahati $11,850

OR

1X1 7 days with Muchinga in Zambia's Luangwa valley $12,450

Both the above prices include daily fees, buff trophy fee, all government fees and dip/pack.

Both hunts require a charter but by sharing with other clients they become quite economical.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michel Mantheakis of Miombo Safaris offers a great deal in Kilombero for 2 buff and I think they have added a puku. Tigerfish if you fill your tags. That's a 7 or 10 day in Tanzania. I think the gov't might have increased it to 10.

Ken Moody offers what seems like a pretty good deal in Moz and you can throw in sable, although I think that requires 14 days.

I haven't hunted with Ken. I have with Michel's operation, but I hunted in the Selous, not Kilombero.

I'm sure there are other reputable alternatives.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I assume the information for those hunts are on your website?

Lavaca,

I'll check into Miombo and Ken.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have to go on a economical hunt. Make sure you know the total cost of Air charters, Shipping of trophy and Tips before you put a dollar down on a hunt. Talk to last year clients and get a copy of their Air and Shipping bills! In the last two years some these costs have doubled, making many of these remote areas are very expense to fly into and to get your trophy's out! Your $8000-$10.000 hunt can easily turn into a $15.000+ hunt. There will be some great deals in 2010 for the hunters willing look for them!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
T.Why dont you want to hunt Zim

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Norwegianhunter
posted Hide Post
I`m going to Zim this October for a Buffalo hunt, my operator is checking out the last details to day. I`m going to hunt in the Forrestry and Omay area, take Plane from Oslo too Bulowayo, and being picked up by the Outfitter at the airport.

Salesagent

Africa hunting

Posts: 131 | Location: Loeten the home of the aquavit, Norway | Registered: 12 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:

Both hunts require a charter but by sharing with other clients they become quite economical.

Mark,

As I dream of my second trip, I've been looking at Bahati (I spent a couple of hours on their website yesterday). I'm curious as to your statement on "quite economical". I looked at your website and saw $3900 per flight. When you talk about sharing it with other clients, do you mean in your party? Sharing a camp with a different party, or arranging it so that the other part of the flight has paying customers?

Furtermore, what is an real, average cost per hunter for charters to MOZ?

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can do a buff hunt for $11,200 in the Selous in TZN on a 2X1 basis. This would be with Pierr'e van Tonder's company and this price includes the buff trophy fee, charter, all govt fees, dip and pack.

For more info contact me or go to Outfitters forum (top of page 3) for some more info.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with duploys in zambia you can take other game besides buff while you're there

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dla69

To clarify on the charters the Mozambique Bahati charge is a round trip fee. So if four hunters split the cost it comes to less than $1,000 ea round trip. The hunting area is huge and there will be other hunters in camp so a combined charter can be arranged. We are splitting this charge with another couple this Sept. If you tell Johan that you want to hunt and can be a little flexible on dates he can hook you up with other hunters traveling to and from camp.

In the case of Zambia with Muchinga Laura DuPlooy isa wizard at splitting the charter costs between clients making a client's individual charges less than a road transfer.

One of the things that makes Zim a cheaper destination is that Zim is a small country and still has a pretty good road system making charters only an option and not a necessity. Other countries are not so fortunate so charters are much more practical there.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nkonka:
We can do a buff hunt for $11,200 in the Selous in TZN on a 2X1 basis. This would be with Pierr'e van Tonder's company and this price includes the buff trophy fee, charter, all govt fees, dip and pack.

For more info contact me or go to Outfitters forum (top of page 3) for some more info.

Correct me if I am wrong but is Von Tonder not splitting a single license among the two hunters? As each hunter is allowed in Tanzania to shoot two buff on a ten day license. But "ole" Ray used to advertise this hunt that each hunter shoots one buff. So in effect Pirre is making $22,400 per 10 day hunt on a shared license.

Not a bad deal for Van Tonder but this really isn't a deal at all for the hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surestrike,

Yes, he is splitting the license.

Regarding if it is a deal or not: I guess it's how you look at it. Normal 2X1 pricing is at $15,990 without the $2200 trophy fee, or fees if a hunter decides to shoot two. ($18,190 and $20,390 respectively)

If a fellow just wanted a single buff and a friend just wanted a single buff then I would think a price of $11,200 might be more attractive than $18,190. Hence, in my mind, a deal.

As for Pierr'e making $22,400? Well, I would agree that is what he would gross, but that is certainly not what he would "make."

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari pricing is always interesting to me or at least people's perception of pricing. I think here on AR the perception is that Adam Clements/Tanzania Bundu Safaris offers really expensive safaris and others who advertise here offer much less expensive safaris. Ok! Look this over compared to what has been offered here on AR in the Selous by others. These are not discounted prices or cancellations. Check out the Dangerous Game episode with Chris Dorsey hunting hippo with us in the Selous.

LU5

1x1 10 days $12,900

2x1 10 days $10,900

Both of these hunts offer only one buffalo ($2,000 more for second buff) but otherwise they have a full license. No spliting anything.

The price covers everything except trophy fees (buff $2,200)tips, hotels as necessary and charter which should run about $1,000-$1,500 per client. I'm saying dip/pack, gun permits everything is covered.

We do have some '09 openings still available and these prices are good for '10.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nkonka:
Surestrike,

Yes, he is splitting the license.

Regarding if it is a deal or not: I guess it's how you look at it. Normal 2X1 pricing is at $15,990 without the $2200 trophy fee, or fees if a hunter decides to shoot two. ($18,190 and $20,390 respectively)

As for Pierr'e making $22,400? Well, I would agree that is what he would gross, but that is certainly not what he would "make."

Obviously his net is not $22,400 but you can see my point about the mark up for him on this hunt.

For a bit more money overall a guy can shop around and do the hunt on a full license these split license deals are really a poor value. 2x1 on a split license you are getting half the hunting time or less and half the quota. Value vs quality these "deals" simply don't add up.

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
dla69

To clarify on the charters the Mozambique Bahati charge is a round trip fee. So if four hunters split the cost it comes to less than $1,000 ea round trip. The hunting area is huge and there will be other hunters in camp so a combined charter can be arranged. We are splitting this charge with another couple this Sept. If you tell Johan that you want to hunt and can be a little flexible on dates he can hook you up with other hunters traveling to and from camp.

So realistically, I'd only be able to count on splitting the charters with members of my hunting party.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you tell Johan that you want to hunt and can be a little flexible on dates he can hook you up with other hunters traveling to and from camp.

Unless you are completely inflexible in your dates even a single hunter should be able to reduce the cost of the charter substantially. Don't forget that Johan's other client don't want to eat the whole charter either. In most cases the safari operator will try to back one safari up to another so the clients going in splits the cost with the clients coming out etc.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless you are completely inflexible in your dates even a single hunter should be able to reduce the cost of the charter substantially. Don't forget that Johan's other client don't want to eat the whole charter either. In most cases the safari operator will try to back one safari up to another so the clients going in splits the cost with the clients coming out etc.

Mark

Thanks. For whatever reason, I think that the (perceived?) remoteness of Moz really strikes a chord with me. I'd love to hunt there and I am trying to figure out how long I need to save up.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
When i hunted with Johan last year, i had no leeway on my dates in or out, so had to pay the entire fee myself. and guess what- IT WAS WORTH IT !!! also i got to sit in the co-pilot's seat and bullshit via the headphones for 3 hours with Johan. made the charter one of the highlights of the trip. my only regret was that i can't go back this year. in the overall scheme, Moz is about as close to old time bush Africa you can find( and yes i have hunted in the Selous). if it costs more to get there-so be it. with date flexibility, you should be able to save some money.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote