New
Find
Notify
Tools

Add another to the 1000 post club.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw eyedocs post and noticed my total was coming close to the same figure. Four plus years, lots of good information gained, hopefully some placed out there as well, stirred the pot a time or two Wink to keep things interesting and just overall really enjoy the experience of AR and it's members. Thanks everyone!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
guess i'm in too.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you win after 1000 posts? free hunt?

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
tu2
I'm 1 closer now.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
We established this in the last thread...cake and drinks.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you Larry-I thought you had been around longer than four years- You Freakin Over Achiever Big Grin-Look forward to your next 1000

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Well done Larry, great attitude. It's not about numbers, rather your contribution to AR member's.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neil,
congrats on "100"

Wink

Posts: 10362 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dale, you get to shoot at a life size buffalo target.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It looks like we have just passed the 300,000 posts on the African Hunting Forum today too!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daleW:

A Pathetic Life, since you spent that much time on the internet. Wink Sorry, but I would rather be outside hunting and fishing, then talking about it. I am up to 931 so getting close but thats since 2002.....

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed - Great numbers and once again thanks for providing all of us with a place to gather and share knowledge, state our opinions, disagree with others' opinions and best of all having great fun doing all this.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It looks like we have just passed the 300,000 posts on the African Hunting Forum today too!

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SierraBravo45,

you'll need to act quick to avoid the transition from low grade obnoxious to pathetic...

Save Yourself! Leave now.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SB45 - Pathetic life, I dont' think so? Living at 8,500 feet in New Mexico's mountains, covered in Aspen and giant Ponderosa pines, having Mule Deer, Black Bear and Elk in my front yard, spening on the average of 10++ hours a day "outside" in all this splendor hardly rates as pathetic!! I actually tire of hunting and fishing and find it quite relaxing to post up here on AR from time to time. Maybe it's different when you are "lost" in Montana?? Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by sierrabravo45:
quote:
Originally posted by daleW:

A Pathetic Life, since you spent that much time on the internet. Wink Sorry, but I would rather be outside hunting and fishing, then talking about it. I am up to 931 so getting close but thats since 2002.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
I actually tire of hunting and fishing and find it quite relaxing to post up here on AR from time to time. Maybe it's different when you are "lost" in Montana?? Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

I am truly sorry for you then, I hope to never tire of hunting or fishing or being "out there".

Being "lost" in Montana for me means being out whenever I can, finding new roads, new places, new things. Sometimes that gets me lost, but its always fun.

I will admit that this board has provided me with great information and contacts. I booked a hunt through Mark after PMing him on this board, and reading his posts. I have found unmeasurable knowledge about big bores, hunting in Africa etc., as you probably have and many others too from this board and others.

I just feel that people take the 1000 post mark on boards as a symbol of outrageous knowledge, and time/experience. Boards would not survive without people providing good info. But more and more I see people (especially younger kids) spending more and more time on the 'net. Its easier for them to text than pick up the phone and talk or send an e-mail or IM to communicate over the internet, many people are more excited to turn on the computer then go fishing, hunting, or taking a hike. While communication on the net is great ways of meeting people, hearing trip reports, etc. it also takes face time away from other people, family etc. and time away from being "out among them". I feel people waste a lot of time staring at a screen, when they could be out enjoying life. If this is your way of relaxing, thats great, I just feel that people pay to much attention to whats going on online, then whats going on outside.

Rich,

Sorry, you can't get rid of me until Wednesday. Then its again 6 months in Alaska living out of a Wall Tent doing Salmon Research, then with the $$$$ I can find my way back to Africa.

Take Care and Tight Lines,

John

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for my cake and soda pop.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill - If it's up to SB45 to provide, I don't think we will see it anytime soon. Big Grin

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:

Bill Quimby

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill - If it's up to SB45 to provide, I don't think we will see it anytime soon. Big Grin

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:

Bill Quimby

I can do Salmon Cakes. Would that work?

DRSS .470 & .500

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works for me!! dancing

When I mentioned I get tired of hunting and fishing that usually doesn't last for more than a day or two.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by sierrabravo45:
quote:

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:

Bill Quimby

I can do Salmon Cakes. Would that work?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've often thought the guy we ought to track is the guy that posts the most frequently since joining, unless he's Saeed. Administrators and Moderators can't play this game, just the normal "one of us".

For instance Larry Seller's score is .84 posts per day. I'm .79. Idaho Sharpshooter is 6.18. (Saeed's happens to be 4.39, but like I say, we have to give him an exemption, because he's "management".)

We should find the guy that "talks" the most and fire him like Donald Trump on The Apprentice. We would be doing him a favor. He obviously needs to get a life.

My guess is there is some fool out there packing a 10.0, probably on the Political thread. Let's find him and fire him.

Posts: 13860 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't we often find, say at a social gathering, that those who talk the most have the least to say?

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco - Never thought of doing the math on how frequently one posts here. Shoot, I am not even posting once a day!! With all that's happening on here in a given day .84 posts a day sounds kinda puny huh?

How would we keep track of the "lurkers" out there that could be spending more time here than the posters?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I've often thought the guy we ought to track is the guy that posts the most frequently since joining, unless he's Saeed. Administrators and Moderators can't play this game, just the normal "one of us".

For instance Larry Seller's score is .84 posts per day. I'm .79. Idaho Sharpshooter is 6.18. (Saeed's happens to be 4.39, but like I say, we have to give him an exemption, because he's "management".)

We should find the guy that "talks" the most and fire him like Donald Trump on The Apprentice. We would be doing him a favor. He obviously needs to get a life.

My guess is there is some fool out there packing a 10.0, probably on the Political thread. Let's find him and fire him.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow....You guys are like Royalty. Big Grin I have a ways to go.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote