New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie Polly with some BALLS!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you were not aware here in Australia we have just had the thin edge of the wedge applied to hunting by the banning of lion parts from being imported into Australia.
As usual this stems from a vocal minority that managed to get into the ear of a senior government minister and then half cocked he makes a determination which effectivley drives a stake into the heart of the animal he so self rightously seeks to defend.
In a rare but encouraging development a federal (minor party) politician is challenging this new legislation, seeking to overturn it.

"Senator Leyonhjelm argued lion hunting was vital to African communities, to preserve the species, keep lion numbers down to protect village cattle, and provide much-needed tourism dollars to struggling communities".

As usual you have the greenies and others jump to the soap box and completley miss the whole point of the senators bill.

I note the story was tucked away in a tiny corner of the ABC news and quickly dropped in place of 'more inportant stories'.

Last night i sent an email congratulating the senator on his stance and it would be nice if he was to receive more recognition.

Thanks everyone.
Stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on him!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of things that senator has said in the past(about gun ownership) do not make sense.

If your going to choose to be a politician who defends gun ownership,
you need to make statements with actual substance and that are not so easily proven wrong/untrue.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Definitely the party I'm angling my votes toward.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I agree Trax, He's said some crazy stuff before

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
He does have some good points on occasion

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just listened to some of the debate on the bill broadcast on the radio. My goodness their are some stupid pricks in our parlament!
They still think that poor old Cecil was a canned lion and that the ban is going to stop that sort of thing happening again.
It was a confused rambling by people who had not a shmick about the real deal.
I had to mute the last 5 minutes before getting out of the car as my temperature was rising.
As to the senators history of commentry, i know very little, but i think his effort is worthy of aknolegment, given the rabid thick heads he has to confront in the chamber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:
Definitely the party I'm angling my votes toward.

Why, when we have a party that directly represents shooters and hunters? Not a grab-bag of libertarian policies.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He also got the Govt to back down on the import of the Adler 12g LEVER GUNS!!!! The temp ban. imposed will be lifted in 2016.

Good on him!!!!!

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote