New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ-USA 3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nothing to do with this thread, but as we all just about check in here.

November issue of Guns and Ammo has an article by Payton Miller,pg-52 where the new CZ model 3 is discussed, and I quote

"Mauser type claw extractor,and it can be had both LEFT and RIGHT hand actions.
calibers are just 270,7 300 WSM.But maybe its a start

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dave,

It's a Montana Rifleman Action. This was discussed at length on the Gunsmithing forum some months back.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Must of missed that George, thought it was Kimber that was useing their action.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
As with most of us capitalistic pigs down here , it's about making money.

CZ-USA already has the distribution and marketing systems set up. They are providing products that they feel will appeal more to American tastes. It is getting harder and harder to find Lux stocks down here.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a pretty darn nice looking rifle, reminisant or the pre 64 M-70 Win...with a better stock. If they come out with a drop box 404 or something like that I will buy one of each big bore they make...

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone currently selling the CZUSA #3 rifle. I have been unable to find one listed in the traditional auctions or stores. It would be nice if they would make the big bores on the big Montana PH action and produced here. I would buy one in each of the big calibers as I think they would be the answer to all our needs.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't seen them, either, but since they're only available in the WSM chamberings, I'm not looking all that hard.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sevral friends that own Kimber 8400's in 270 WSM and just love them. I think I would like that caliber and would prefer the Montana action over the 8400 as I have made a preliminary order for two of the PH actions. One each for 416 Rigby and one for 505 Gibbs.

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Montana SA action is rather heavy. If the weight is what you want in a WSM then it's a good design.

The Kimber weights less and is also a good design. My Kimber Montana weighs about 6.3 lbs and shoots very well.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote