New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Taxidermist Recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any recommendations for dip/pack and finished taxidermy services in Windhoek?

I'm having a hard time researching reputable outfits. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When are you hunting? I have a shipment sitting in Windhoek as we speak. Once it ships and clears in Chicago i can give you some feedback. It was primarily dip and pack, but i did have some rugs and tanning done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be hunting in October. I would be interested in hearing about your experience. I may also do a combination of dip/pack and several tanned rugs.

Can all of that be shipped in the same shipment?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I used http://www.trophaendienste.com/location.html in 2008 for a combination of a shoulder mount, Euro mounts and rugs and everything still looks great 9 years later.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
I have used both Nyati (2006) and Trophaendienst (2009) -- for both mounts and skins/skulls, and no issues or problems with either outfit. If I remember correctly, the tannery was near Nyati in North Windhoek.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i used Trophaendienst also for two of my namibia safaris. i didn't have any trouble and they still look great.

Posts: 87 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Around Windhoek, I reccommend Tropaendienste as well. If closer to Otjiwarongo, Kings Taxidermy are also good.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
We had a bit of a wreck with King's in 2014 but understand they have changed hands since then. In the end it all worked out but it took 2.5 years.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote