New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard Dive Bomb
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I came across the web site of Africa Geographic some time ago. It is basically a site that contains articles for tourists, advertizing for non profits and a forum for folks who hate hunting.
I make a comment from time-to-time and stay polite. When my comments aren't responded to, then at least I hoped to have given some balance to the positions they have on the "evils of hunting"...
By the way, it is interesting that walking tours of different places in Africa are advertized on the site. The ad photos of the companies show the happy tourists on a walkabout with their guides (with rifle). I brought this to attention of the anties, and I wrote that I guess it's ok to shoot an ele or lion with cubs if you invade their space, without regard to age, herd situation etc. Got no responses on that one. Ain't gunna change their mind, but at least I'd like to make them think a bit.
Anyway I was just on the site, and this was posted so I thought I'd forward it on.
Here's the link;

http://africageographic.com/blog/a-leopard-dive-bomb/

Posts: 26 | Location: Hye,Texas | Registered: 06 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a copy of African Geo in the airport in Joburg to read on the plane home, before we boarded I had already thrown it away.
Big time anti hunting.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great video. AIU

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Hey Jack
Very cool video.

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was cool. We were riding some road beds looking for Waterbuck one day in Zim when we happened to round a curve just as a Cheetah took down a female Waterbuck.

Posts: 889 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good video of the leopard diving out of the tree.

I can't understand why they hassled the hell out of it by driving so close with the vehicle thumbdown

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1929 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two things are certain. The photos and video are great and it was a once in a lifetime experience, at least for the impala.

Posts: 10127 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was interesting to watch.
Once in a lifetime? Each cat does that most everyday, don't they?
Couldn't tell it was in a vehicle from my angle. guess I missed something there. Thought the idiot was on foot and wondered how he got by with it without becoming chow too. Still stupid and disruptive.

Thanks much for sharing this with us. That was a long dive it looked like.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5958 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That vid of the leopard was kool.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,
Yea, I came upon this site and I thought about your great leopard and hunt. It was cool seeing your leopard while hunting buffalo; figure the odds of that happening.

Bwana, I hear you. I like to read what the anties are thinking and engage them occasionaly. You read the comments from some of these folks, and I just imagine the the emails and comments Buzz and others receive.

Posts: 26 | Location: Hye,Texas | Registered: 06 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
That was an awesome video!! I never would have guessed a leopard would jump from that height.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I am now in Maun Botswana and internet is too slow for watching the video but the photos are amazing.

Very lucky people to watch and film this!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote