New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fantastic Ruhudji LION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our client, Manav Sandhu, just finished a 21-day hunt in our Ruhudji concession.

Thought you'd enjoy seeing the photos!

The took this nice old massive lion after passing up a lion the day before which was borderline...had a nice mane but Harpreet considered it too young to shoot. We have it on video camera and will try and post it here soon.

Excellent Lion shot by Manav Sandhu (PH Harpreet Brar) Nov 05, Ruhudji, TZ

37" Eland (Manav Sandhu, Ruhudji TZ)

43" inch Dugga Boy with 17" Bosses (Manav, Rududji)

Our Ruhudji block continues to produce consistent fantastic massive lions every year!

Mohanjeet

Mohanjeet Brar (Ph.D.)
www.RungwaSafaris.com
mobrar@rungwasafaris.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Nairobi, Kenya | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Very nice. All of them.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, indeed Smiler

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Mo, you are most irritating! Why must you post photos of such young guys taking great trophies in Tanzania!? Please stop. Wink

Fine animals!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mo,

fantastic lion as well as eland and buffalo.Harpreet has really pulled some exceptional trophys from ruhudji but i thought ruhudji was one of adam clements block, please clarify.

Posts: 52 | Location: TANZANIA | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickudu:
Why must you post photos of such young guys taking great trophies in Tanzania!? Please stop. Wink

He's a bloody good shot, Nick. Part of the national skeet squad. Wink

Thanks, Mohanjeet. thumb

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam Clements
posted Hide Post
ndorobo, Ruhudji is one of the blocks that I have booked and personally hunted, but is not registered under my name if that is what you are asking.

Why don't you tell us your name?

adam@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
210-698-0077

Posts: 473 | Location: San Antonio, Texas & Tanzania | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
He's a bloody good shot, Nick. Part of the national skeet squad. Wink Rustam[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Rustam ... I feel much better now! Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow, beautiful blond lion and a super buff! Congratulations!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ndorobo, thanks for your comment. Ruhudji is owned by my brother, Harpreet Brar, but Adam is a good friend and booking agent.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Mohanjeet Brar (Ph.D.)
www.RungwaSafaris.com
mobrar@rungwasafaris.com

Posts: 30 | Location: Nairobi, Kenya | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Excellent trophies.
What other concessions do you own?
Do you sub-let?

Jezz.

Posts: 15 | Location: Cambridge,Uk. | Registered: 01 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jezz. We also own 3 blocks in the Selous (K1,K2,LU5) and a block in Rungwa (western Tanzania).

No we don't sub-lease any of our blocks, and never have.

Mohanjeet Brar (Ph.D.)
www.RungwaSafaris.com
mobrar@rungwasafaris.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mohanjeet,

Nice pictures, and I hope they find their way into India. Dilip Bobb, the Editor in Chief of India Today Plus is a big supporter of guns and hunting, and he assigned me an article that I wrote some years ago. Perhaps you could contact him or his very beautiful assistant Joanna Farnworth to get something in the Indian mags...

Just a matter of curiosity - why do you insist that clients bring only a scoped 375 H&H bolt rifle to hunt with your company? A friend pointed this out to me on your website...

Best wishes,

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mehulkamdar:
Just a matter of curiosity - why do you insist that clients bring only a scoped 375 H&H bolt rifle to hunt with your company? A friend pointed this out to me on your website...Best wishes,
From Rungwa's website:

Firearms
...If you plan to hunt dangerous game, the caliber limitation is not less than a .375, and for plains game the limitation is a .240. We recommend that you bring 20 rounds of solids and 60 rounds of soft points (Trophy bonded or Barnes X) for your heavy rifle. Our recommendation is that clients bring a scoped .375 or .416, as a heavy rifle, and a 7mm or .300 for hunting plains game. It is important to bring a rifle that you are comfortable shooting...

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Mobrar,
Is that Manavjith Singh Sandhu, the trap shooter from India? If he is,he has changed a lot from the last time I met him. he has lost weight and his complexion sure has darkened.

Best-
Locksley,R.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice trophies, congrats to all involved. Keep up the good work in Ruhudji! Any sign of good elephant on that side?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps you could contact him or his very beautiful assistant Joanna Farnworth to get something in the Indian mags...

Mehul, even if he were brave enough to want to publish it, I doubt MS would consent to it. Having said that, he is the first India based Indian who has agreed to have pics posted on AR, so you never know.

Robin of Locksley, thanks for the ever so subtle correction. Wink He is indeed part of the Trap squad, not Skeet.

The one and only time I met him was during the 2003 Nationals at Hyderabad and he looks the same to me. Perhaps Reddy375 knows him as he has a few friends in Hyderabad.

Rustam

Posts: 173 | Location: Bangalore, India. | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mehul..good to hear from you.

Mehul & Bill - We recommend clients come with scoped rifles as they are more accurate with them and most clients have very little experience shooting open sights. We've found this to work well for our clients.

Thanks jangili! We're seeing more elephant each year and saw several this year that would be 'borderline' to shoot. We haven't scouted out the whole area yet.

Mohanjeet Brar (Ph.D.)
www.RungwaSafaris.com
mobrar@rungwasafaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mr. Sandhu on some great trophies, and thanks for the positive report!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote