Notify
Tools

msn whining about elephant hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42..._business/?gt1=43001

this is just silly read the comments section its a riot.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's really bad is some of commetors claiming to be "hunters"...

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I watched the video this morning then read a bunch of the "do gooders" comments, absolutely laughed my ass off.
What a bunch of clueless dipsticks.
All those comments not so good for hunters but was worth a laugh for damn sure!

Hey Crusher how ya been?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I am making this same hunt in july

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
And then there is this sentence from the story:

'There's one scene where a swarm of "hungry" villagers rip flesh off the dead elephant.'

Where they put the word hungry in quotes, calling into question Africans' lack of proper nutrition. As if Africans aren't really hungry for meat.

Good grief, don't these so called journalists know anything? Those of us lucky enough to have been to Africa and/or to have fed some of the local people know better. As do those of us who read those things called books where they hide that information about conditions in Africa.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a bunch of clueless dipsticks.
All those comments not so good for hunters but was worth a laugh for damn sure!

Yes, but until well-spoken hunters are the ones telling these stories from all angles, it is those dipsticks who will be seen as the majority opinion.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice Jeff Corwin's comentary during the video?

It was pertty even handed and factual. It was a lot more than I would have expected form one of the "wildlife celebrities". I've always liked that guy.

And it sure as heck is a lot more convincing to the general public when it is coming from someone who is seen as a defender of wild animals, rather than one of us hunters.

I think all of us hunters owe Jeff Corwin a big thank-you.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Hunting is true conservation. But then as per usual PETA and the other animal rights groups are a buch of ignorant twats who probably wouldn't even know where Zimbawbe was on the planet let alone even bother to find out about how paying to hunt big game animals actually benefits the local economy.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its always based on emotion ,never practicality ,most of these dillitantes live in the city have no idea of animal management of any kind, apart from feeding their useless dog or cat ,which is like the end of the world when they finally drops dead !nothing changes does it ? they only get worse

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Here in Japan, I saw Parsons interviewed by phone today on CNN by Piers Morgan with comments by a PETA VP. Morgan asked some fairly hostile questions and Parsons came right back with clear responses, including the point that if crops were destroyed, there weren't any food stamps or welfare there, so villagers would starve. The PETA guy was emotional and pretty inflammatory about hunting across the board.

Probably wisely, Parsons simply replied that the PETA guy didn't know anything about the reality there and did not get into the matter of what PETA does in its massive pet euthanization program. As you might expect, it was a standoff.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
What's really bad is some of commetors claiming to be "hunters"...[/QUOTE

That article was a crack up. "people are upset including peta" ... good !
"Only a CEO could get away with that"... um I think anyone with the money to go on an elephant hunt could get away with it. stupid greenies. Just gods way of humor I think giving normal people a group to pick on and make fun of and being just in doing so.

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04...-ceos-elephant-hunt/

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad we got a "ZIM EXPERT" to comment.....think I will rush out and join PeTA and HSUS.....Wonder when the last time the "expert" went to Hwange and saw the blowing sand deserts that our friendly endangered Ele's have caused???

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote