THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    This is what we are going to get before we go

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what we are going to get before we go
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

With all of the insanity going around,we feel the need to protect ourselves. I have come up with this document which hopefully will provide some protection. Of course, I am not a lawyer.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Larry, the document isn't showing up in your post or at photobucket.

Posts: 3033 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I can see it in the post.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue must be on my end then Larry. Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me your e mail address. I will e mail it to you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have viewed it from a few different devices. It shows up on all. Not sure of the nature of the problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Larry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see nothing either Larry?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't show up for me either.....

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Odd. I can see it from various devices here.

Let me look into it.

I e mailed it to you Aaron.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you see it now ?

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Yes, and it is a great idea!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would add lines to list Safari Company owners below the company name to ensure you are not violating US law by doing business with prohibited individuals.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I have to go through all that BS, I ain't going. We all know you can be sued no matter what if you piss off the wrong people.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
If I have to go through all that BS, I ain't going. We all know you can be sued no matter what if you piss off the wrong people.

It is to prevent hassle's with our own Govt. Not to prevent being sued.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores: ... With all of the insanity going around,we feel the need to protect ourselves. I have come up with this document which hopefully will provide some protection. Of course, I am not a lawyer.

I am. I guess it depends on how you define "some protection" and from whom. I suppose if the PH in Dr. Palmer's hunt had something along these lines, perhaps it would have blunted, to some degree, the media fire-storm ... but maybe not ... since the antis and the liberal media have their agenda and the "facts" are really not that important to them. Would such a document stop a third-world dictator or corrupt bureaucrat from calling for the extradition of a hunter for political purposes? Probably not. However, it might be useful if a U.S. judge was considering such an extradition request ... You never really know until the issue comes up and then you throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Reps. And Warranties are normally found in written contracts. The breach of the Reps. And Warranties by a contracting party would normally give rise to a cause of action for breach of contract, and under the right circumstances, maybe even a claim for fraud.

Finally, nothing contained above should be deemed or construed as a "legal advice." If you intend to use such a document in connection with your hunt, you should have it reviewed by competent legal counsel as to its legal effect and application to your specific circumstances.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftbt:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores: ... With all of the insanity going around,we feel the need to protect ourselves. I have come up with this document which hopefully will provide some protection. Of course, I am not a lawyer.

I am. I guess it depends on how you define "some protection" and from whom. I suppose if the PH in Dr. Palmer's hunt had something along these lines, perhaps it would have blunted, to some degree, the media fire-storm ... but maybe not ... since the antis and the liberal media have their agenda and the "facts" are really not that important to them. Would such a document stop a third-world dictator or corrupt bureaucrat from calling for the extradition of a hunter for political purposes? Probably not. However, it might be useful if a U.S. judge was considering such an extradition request ... You never really know until the issue comes up and then you throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Reps. And Warranties are normally found in written contracts. The breach of the Reps. And Warranties by a contracting party would normally give rise to a cause of action for breach of contract, and under the right circumstances, maybe even a claim for fraud.

Finally, nothing contained above should be deemed or construed as a "legal advice." If you intend to use such a document in connection with your hunt, you should have it reviewed by competent legal counsel as to its legal effect and application to your specific circumstances.

Sir, I think you have hit the nail on the head. NOTHING will stop some 3rd world jack ass if they want to go after you. However, we have to have something in the case our government tries something.

Hell, I don't remember ever seeing my hunting license in another country. I would not have the slightest idea how to check for quota. I think 99% of the clients have no idea where they are once they leave the airport. I know I don't and I am making my 22nd safari.

In the final analysis, I want something to show that I attempted to comply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes sense Larry.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd sooner have a document like this signed off by the outfitter/PH than relying on their word.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:

It is to prevent hassle's with our own Govt. Not to prevent being sued.

Jeff

Precisely why you should get some documentation on 'who' the "Black Partner" is in as they ALL have one, many illegal to do business with.

Posts: 175 | Location: Somewhere in a sale-barn | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are no prohibited individuals in Tanzania as far as I know.

Posts: 10318 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I won't offer a legal opinion, but more paper is better than less. In Zimbabwe, this might be better than native toilet paper. Without pun, CYA.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in creating a similar document through Conservation Force. I'm only a Cracker Jack lawyer, but I'd be willing to help create a form release and disclosure. However, it would carry more weight with approval from the major hunting groups "over there."

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
I like the idea, Larry.

It seems that, too often (when things go wrong), the client (from $OVERSEAS) is assumed to know exactly how $AFRICAN_COUNTRY law and regulations work, when shit happens.

I have no idea whether it will do anything in places like Zim, but it has to count in countries that aren't totally under despotic rule.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would not have the slightest idea how to check for quota. I think 99% of the clients have no idea where they are once they leave the airport. I know I don't and I am making my 22nd safari.

tu2 tu2

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:
I like the idea, Larry.

It seems that, too often (when things go wrong), the client (from $OVERSEAS) is assumed to know exactly how $AFRICAN_COUNTRY law and regulations work, when shit happens.

I have no idea whether it will do anything in places like Zim, but it has to count in countries that aren't totally under despotic rule.

A choice of law clause providing jurisdiction in the US for any breach would go a long way to enable clients to hold safari companies accountable.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my partner and I bought Rubber Stamps that said "Certified Copy" in red ink. We stamped every copy of everything we had with them. We were surprised how much faster with less hassle our documents were accepted.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

This document is something we are using. I am now a lawyer and am not offering legal advice. This is simply what we have decided to use as documentation we are complying.