THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophies are ready to ship CLEARING QUESTIONS???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophies are ready to ship CLEARING QUESTIONS???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was contacted by my taxidermist in Africa that my trophies are ready to ship and freight charges were included....everything looks fine.

My question is they have a suggested clearing agent but he is in San Fran....I am here in Dallas where my trophies will be shipped. Seems if he can do it from there...I should be able to do it myself. Is there any way to, or how do I go about clearing my trophies myself?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Kyle
topboss8@yahoo.com

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
5Red,

Do a search. There was a recent post on self-clearing. You may also run a search for Coppersmith and ABX Logistics (who I plan to use).

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are these completed taxidermy or raw trophies [ skulls, hide, horns]

If completed, you might want to look into shipping by Ocean Cargo vs Air Cargo. See my previousPost.

Contact John Meehan at Flora and Fauna [jjmeehan@faunaandflora.com] or Marie at Safari Air Cargo [marie@safaricargo.co.za]. Marie could also give you prices for Air Shipping either way.

If they are raw trophies, and you do not have a taxidermist contact: CONROE TAXIDERMY Mike & Travis Simpson Taxidermists Rt 1 Box 282 Conroe TX 77385 (713)-367-2745. They have a very efficient arrangement with ABX -Lynette Lilley in Houston to get raw trophies into the country and on to Conroe.

If you do have a taxidermist they should be able to help you get this all done.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
Dallas is a port of entry, I had my finished trophies shipped direct to dallas via safari air cargo and abx logistics. If they are finished trophies I would suggest air cargo it is more expensive but in the 6 weeks it takes to ship via ocean your trophies can be affected by excess humidity if they are not in a well sealed container, this is of course not a problem if they are salted untanned skins.

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys....these are completed trophies.

Will do a search and see what i can figure out.

Thanks for your help.
Kyle

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Coppersmiths has an office here in Dallas and handle hunters trophies all the time. Not cheap, but you do nothing but sign a form and fax it to them. You can pick them up at their warehouse or they will deliver... for an additional fee.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redman,

I just cleared my own trophies today in Loa Angeles.Easy as pie Smiler,the friendliest port in the nation.

Took maybe all of 30 mins.Cost: 0
Shipment of 3 buff,Kondoni,Waterbuck,Impala,Zebra,Kudu
and oh yes,this season biggest leopard Smiler Smiler,

shipment from Tanzania 2150$ by British Air.

All carefully arranged and pushed ahead by my PH Pierre van Tonder.I couldn't be happier.
Dont see any reason whatsoever to "entrust" this simple task to a middleman.

If you like,read up hear:

http://www.le.fws.gov/inspectors.htm

But de facto,F&W here had rhe shipment already cleared without me asking.I just went to customs to have the paper stamped and loaded up

Good luck

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We cleared ours ourselves in Baltimore last year. No problem. No cost. Easy as pie. What do these clearing agents do that is worth so much money?

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote