Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Embassy Zambia - Leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted
The U.S. Embassy located in Zambia posted the following on their Facebook. By relating the "unknown" leopard population to the "threatened" lion population, is this a prelude to the banning of leopard importation into the U.S. by the USF&W Service?

U.S. Embassy Zambia

Leopards, like lions, are threatened by illegal killing for their skins and other body parts, bush meat poaching, and trophy hunting. In South Africa, authorities have banned the hunting of leopards for the 2016 hunting season because they do not have accurate numbers of leopards in their parks to set an appropriate quota.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I would say that that is an incorrect statement. Leopards are still very common and widely distributed.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

incorrect or not that sounds very ominous even though we both know leopards are very common particularly on the river systems in Zambia.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Guys I am here to tell you that if Hillary Clinton is elected POTUS...The Clinton Foundation will shut down all Big Five hunting except maybe the buffalo and they are already using their influence to start it under Obama.

While there is hope with any Republican if elected...there is one sure choice to reign in the USF&WS and that is Trump...his sons will personally help revise the USF&W and their aim towards Africa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Andrew,

incorrect or not that sounds very ominous even though we both know leopards are very common particularly on the river systems in Zambia.

Mark

The Ambassador here is passionate about wildlife but not up to scratch on the relationship that hunting has with rural communities.

My advise would be for the US to look at protecting our Parks first and foremost and us hunters will look after the rest.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Andrew,

Mark

The Ambassador here is passionate about wildlife but not up to scratch on the relationship that hunting has with rural communities.

My advise would be for the US to look at protecting our Parks first and foremost and us hunters will look after the rest.

Andrew,
This has NOTHING to do with what needs to really be done...it is totally political.

The Clinton Foundation means to stop hunting of Lion, Leopard, Elephant, and Rhino...regardless of what it does to wildlife in reality.

And they will spend ZERO dollars to actually help with anything.

Again...you cannot fight this with logic and common sense.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37897 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Guys I am here to tell you that if Hillary Clinton is elected POTUS...The Clinton Foundation will shut down all Big Five hunting except maybe the buffalo and they are already using their influence to start it under Obama.

While there is hope with any Republican if elected...there is one sure choice to reign in the USF&WS and that is Trump...his sons will personally help revise the USF&W and their aim towards Africa.

Quote DJT:
"I'm not a hunter and don't approve of killing animals. I strongly disagree with my sons who are hunters, but they acted legally and did what lots of hunters do."
Thread on subject

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have been saying for a while Big 5 headed to a buff hunt. Chelsea Clinton will make her mark.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
The USF&W Service recently removed the gray wolf (except for the Great Lakes region) and the Louisiana black bear from the U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA). De-listing means that the states (where these populations exist) are now responsible for managing their populations (including sustainable hunting, if applicable). Earlier this year, they proposed removing the Yellowstone population of grizzly bear from the ESA as well. During the same time period, the USF&W Service added the African elephant and lion to the U.S. Endangered Species Act. The USF&W Service's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" approach to wildlife conservation implies (from their perspective) that Africans are incapable of protecting and conserving their wildlife. (IMO)

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
The USF&W Service recently removed the gray wolf (except for the Great Lakes region) and the Louisiana black bear from the U.S. Endangered Species Act (ESA). De-listing means that the states (where these populations exist) are now responsible for managing their populations (including sustainable hunting, if applicable). Earlier this year, they proposed removing the Yellowstone population of grizzly bear from the ESA as well. During the same time period, the USF&W Service added the African elephant and lion to the U.S. Endangered Species Act. The USF&W Service's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" approach to wildlife conservation implies (from their perspective) that Africans are incapable of protecting and conserving their wildlife. (IMO)

That is true...but it is still political. They get political pressure from Senators & Congressmen to do the right thing in the states and those guys control the purse-strings so there is a decent chance with-in the states...enough political pressure can be applied both ways to get them to act correctly.

Move outside the states...no pressure...they then cave to the political capital being levied on their very "Green" boss Sally Jewel whose boss (Obama) is beholding to donors like Born Free and HSUS.

The polar bear is a shining example of how true this is.

Then to take it a step forward...Chelsea Clinton via The Clinton Foundation has made it a life goal to stop the hunting of the big 5 (mays sans buff) in Africa.

The ivory ban has been traced back to political capital spent by The Clinton Foundation now by several independent investigations.

Mark my words...if Hillary Clinton becomes the POTUS...Safari Hunting of the elephant, lion, leopard, and rhino is history.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Svinejakt:
quote:

Quote DJT:
"I'm not a hunter and don't approve of killing animals. I strongly disagree with my sons who are hunters, but they acted legally and did what lots of hunters do."
Thread on subject

Sir,
Since you live in Norway...it may never have any effect on you...but who becomes POTUS...will effect American Citizen's ability to hunt in Africa.

As an officer of an organization (Lion Conservation Task Force Inc) which worked hard to keep African Lions Huntable (see our response here or in the public record section of USF&W website)...I can tell you I have thoroughly vetted the Republican candidates. While we may be able to eventually get Cruz to help...he has no vested interest in hunting...especially African Hunting. Certainly a President Cruz would be better than a President Clinton with a known agenda. That said however...I am not sure a President Kasich would be any better than Clinton as it pertains to hunting Africa.

This all said...Donald J Trump has vowed to let Don Trump Jr be his advisor on matters concerning USF&W. Don Jr who is a dedicated hunter and dedicated Safari Hunter...including elephant, leopard, and lion...has publically said several time now that should his father be president...he looks forward to working with the issues concerning the USF&W.

I can also tell you that both Don Jr and Eric Trump are even members of this site.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a POTUS with actual positive ties to hunting.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Here Feds just don't wanna spend anymore money on wolfs and grizzly bears then necessary, plus they know states will take care of their game
Outside US, they just act like kings and they think, Africa is incapable of doing things right ( which spmetimes they might be right in some cases)
I think, the only solution is to have hunter / gun friendly administration
Shit, I'm gonna wish myself a lot of luck

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark my words...if Hillary Clinton becomes the POTUS...Safari Hunting of the elephant, lion, leopard, and rhino is history.

For Americans that is.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They should cable the British Embassy in Harare. A couple of years ago, a leopard walked up to the gate one evening. No shortage of leopards, but difficult to get accurate numbers over a large area.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Quote DJT:
Thread on subject

Sir,
Since you live in Norway...it may never have any effect on you...but who becomes POTUS...will effect American Citizen's ability to hunt in Africa.

As an officer of an organization (Lion Conservation Task Force Inc) which worked hard to keep African Lions Huntable (see our response here or in the public record section of USF&W website)...I can tell you I have thoroughly vetted the Republican candidates. While we may be able to eventually get Cruz to help...he has no vested interest in hunting...especially African Hunting. Certainly a President Cruz would be better than a President Clinton with a known agenda. That said however...I am not sure a President Kasich would be any better than Clinton as it pertains to hunting Africa.

This all said...Donald J Trump has vowed to let Don Trump Jr be his advisor on matters concerning USF&W. Don Jr who is a dedicated hunter and dedicated Safari Hunter...including elephant, leopard, and lion...has publically said several time now that should his father be president...he looks forward to working with the issues concerning the USF&W.

I can also tell you that both Don Jr and Eric Trump are even members of this site.

Sir,
First things first. I know you are an officer of the Lion Conservation Task Force Inc. Why, because I supported you wholeheartedly in your efforts in evolving the standards of lion hunting and thus the conservation of Lions. For me that was the logical way to go and just plain common sense. Not to appease the anti-hunters, but to show the ordinary people that hunters are foremost conservationist. We also can evolve to better standards as time goes along. That is also why I support the end of canned Lion hunting in RSA. It should never have started and is PR disaster for every hunter around.

While we then are talking about logic and common sense, I can`t see why you chose to support DJT. You say you have vetted the republican candidates, how can you when he never makes a stand and sticks to his guns. He has changed his mind more times than my better half while shopping for a purse. He has offended more people and groups than any candidate before him. Him becoming a president is singled out as one of the top ten threats to the world. He has also said that he wants to kill terrorists families, non-combantant innocent families. Here I even know you support that, so no symopathy from you. Even though this is the best recruting tool for jihadist from around the world. Probably will be the start of world war 3.

But I digress, it`s hard to talk about this without talking about other MORE problematic areas. If he becomes president, I hope you are right. I hope he takes his sons advice and we can finally go in another smarter direction when it comes to hunting Africa. I can`t think of an election you have had worse candidates for POTUS. I wished that your election didn`t mean so much for the rest of the world, but if the last 20 years have taught us anything, IT means everything

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

For Americans that is.

Andrew,
If you don't think The Clinton Foundation will work hard and most likely succeed in getting the European Union to follow suit...you are naïve.

The election of Hillary Clinton with the coinciding empowerment of the Clinton Foundation will mean the end of hunting the Big 5 sans maybe buffalo.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Quote DJT:
Thread on subject

Sir,

Sir,
First things first. I know you are an officer of the Lion Conservation Task Force Inc. Why, because I supported you wholeheartedly in your efforts in evolving the standards of lion hunting and thus the conservation of Lions. For me that was the logical way to go and just plain common sense. Not to appease the anti-hunters, but to show the ordinary people that hunters are foremost conservationist. We also can evolve to better standards as time goes along. That is also why I support the end of canned Lion hunting in RSA. It should never have started and is PR disaster for every hunter around.

While we then are talking about logic and common sense, I can`t see why you chose to support DJT. You say you have vetted the republican candidates, how can you when he never makes a stand and sticks to his guns. He has changed his mind more times than my better half while shopping for a purse. He has offended more people and groups than any candidate before him. Him becoming a president is singled out as one of the top ten threats to the world. He has also said that he wants to kill terrorists families, non-combantant innocent families. Here I even know you support that, so no symopathy from you. Even though this is the best recruting tool for jihadist from around the world. Probably will be the start of world war 3.

But I digress, it`s hard to talk about this without talking about other MORE problematic areas. If he becomes president, I hope you are right. I hope he takes his sons advice and we can finally go in another smarter direction when it comes to hunting Africa. I can`t think of an election you have had worse candidates for POTUS. I wished that your election didn`t mean so much for the rest of the world, but if the last 20 years have taught us anything, IT means everything

Sir,
You are correct...it does mean everything. And while I am being selfish a bit it my desire to have a "hunting friendly" POTUS in DJT...my main motives for my passion for man stem from being the principle shareholder and CEO of 4 small corporations and watching them struggle and be burdened heavily since 2009.

But since this is the African Hunting Forum...I was limiting my comments to African Hunting. Don Jr and Eric Trump will be great friends to hunters. And, under a DJT admin...the USF&W will, for the first time in modern history, become under the scrutiny of REAL hunter/conservationists. Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Quote DJT:
Thread on subject

Sir,

Sir,

Sir,
You are correct...it does mean everything. And while I am being selfish a bit it my desire to have a "hunting friendly" POTUS in DJT...my main motives for my passion for man stem from being the principle shareholder and CEO of 4 small corporations and watching them struggle and be burdened heavily since 2009.

But since this is the African Hunting Forum...I was limiting my comments to African Hunting. Don Jr and Eric Trump will be great friends to hunters. And, under a DJT admin...the USF&W will, for the first time in modern history, become under the scrutiny of REAL hunter/conservationists. Smiler

I should of limited my comments to the african hunting part. Let`s hope that if he becomes president he puts some effort into hunting as well. That we agree on Smiler

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
under a DJT admin...the USF&W will, for the first time in modern history, become under the scrutiny of REAL hunter/conservationists.

Svinejakt,
I stand heavily behind my comment above.

And I meant no disrespect as united we stand but separate we lose. Smiler beer

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

For Americans that is.

Hillary will make it nearly impossible to get the trophies back to the States, but Americans will still be able to hunt Africa. Their memories will have to be supplemented by photographs.

Africans will decide whether Big 5 hunting is history or not. The US government doesn't control Africa. Africans control Africa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
under a DJT admin...the USF&W will, for the first time in modern history, become under the scrutiny of REAL hunter/conservationists.

Svinejakt,

Like I said earlier Lane, hope you are right Smiler Just a bit more skepticalWink Probably a lot could be solved by just having a beer instead of fighting beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably doesnt help that all African leopards are CITES I.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Svinejakt,

Like I said earlier Lane, hope you are right Smiler Just a bit more skepticalWink Probably a lot could be solved by just having a beer instead of fighting beer

Exactly!

I'll buy the first round! Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Svinejakt,

Exactly!

Sounds good, I`ll give you a shout if I ever get to your parts Smiler You do the same!! Cheers!

Thought about something earlier today. Even how much we quarrel on the political forum. I would share a camp and some beers with everyone here with a big smile!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Svinejakt,

Exactly!

Sounds good, I`ll give you a shout if I ever get to your parts Smiler You do the same!! Cheers!

Thought about something earlier today. Even how much we quarrel on the political forum. I would share a camp and some beers with everyone here with a big smile!

tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM