THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Lions Killing And Eating An Elephant

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lions Killing And Eating An Elephant
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's sad to watch nature at work.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You want to bet that5 some "animal rights" idiot will be calling for the lions to stop killing other animals clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68668 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need to start tell the animal rights people that. Lions love and want them to come pet them. We just won't tell them Lions love to eat them rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I have come across this on 3 occasions and it must be fairly common.

Once Thor and I were in a Lion blind and nearly got flattened.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are 2 fantastic males...... wonder if they are 6 years old he he fishing

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
I have come across this on 3 occasions and it must be fairly common.

Once Thor and I were in a Lion blind and nearly got flattened.

Yes I've also found a young elephant eaten by lions in Burkina. Trackers told me this happens every once in a while.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2091 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
During one very dry late season hunt in the Valley we found a couple dead young Ele with lion at them. Just moments before taking my Lion we found an Ele that had just been killed with teeth marks at its throat.
The culprit;

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Huntress27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
During one very dry late season hunt in the Valley we found a couple dead young Ele with lion at them. Just moments before taking my Lion we found an Ele that had just been killed with teeth marks at its throat.
The culprit;

Beautiful animal!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my southern Tanzania block, I find at least one (usually 2 or 3) small elephant killed by lions each hunting season. not that unusual in some places.

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
In India tigers sometimes kill adult elephants. There are recorded cases of a lone tiger doing this. It is more common for a pair of tiger to kill an adult elephant.

Local speak of the horrendous screams and noise that lasts for hours into the night.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11210 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Mother Nature is a "hanging judge". Elephant screws up, gets eaten. Lion screws up, starves.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking just yesterday that us hunters should start posting LOTS of pictures wherever we can of natures killers at work in comparison to hunters with our nearly instant killing abilities.
Just think of the nasty flashbacks some of those natural kills would create. Especially of some animal being eaten while still alive like happens so often.

Thanks for posting this. Fine looking cat too.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6008 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkhunter:
Those are 2 fantastic males...... wonder if they are 6 years old he he fishing

JK - These two males are well known in Hwange. They are in FACT at the time of the pics, 5 yrs 10 months, and 6 yrs 3 months of age, if I am recalling the ages correctly? A well-known PH/Biologist's wife took the pics, etc.

Very cool stuff!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are fantastic animals, and awesome ability to hunt the elephants, I hope they do not fall prey to the poachers in the reserve or to there poisons,

Gives me the itch to hang a bait

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote