Find
Notify
Tools

16 1/2" Bushbuck
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the bushbuck I was lucky enough to take while in Zambia.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great trophy!!

Life member NRA
formally scrappy

Posts: 192 | Location: Ga | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on (1) going to Africa, (2) cChoosing the right Hunting Outfitter (3) hHaving the good PH (4) being in the right place at the right time (5) taking a good shot (6) being modest enough to say that "... I was lucky enough to take...."

Yes I do enjoy seeing such a fine trophy. Well done!

Andrew McLaren.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
Congratulations on (1) going to Africa, (2) choosing the right Hunting Outfitter (3) having the good PH (4) being in the right place at the right time (5) taking a good shot (6) being modest enough to say that "... I was lucky enough to take...."

Yes, I do enjoy seeing such a fine trophy. Well done!

Andrew McLaren.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Congratulations on (1) going to Africa, (2) choosing the right Hunting Outfitter (3) having the good PH (4) being in the right place at the right time (5) taking a good shot (6) being modest enough to say that "... I was lucky enough to take...."

Yes, I do enjoy seeing such a fine trophy. Well done!

Andrew McLaren.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
What a beauty!

~Ann

Posts: 19549 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dancing

The smile says it all!!!!

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!! The 15" bushbuck I shot in Zambia this year was a good one making this a very fine trophy... well done!

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Very nice! He has the nice turn out at the top and will make a beautiful mount. The riverine habitat along the Luangwa is really excellent for those guys. I also took a very good one there in '98 and saw several others.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats Scott... he is a horse! (in a manner of speaking of course)

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice. I will hunt busbuck anywhere anytime I get the opportunity often passing up something else. Im hooked. I hope you do a full mount. A shoulder does dosnt do these guys justice. Congatulations on a fine trophy.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Scott, aren't those big bushbucks impressive???
I have his twin brother who moved to the Cape and is a Cape one now... Big Grin

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Awesome trophy. Congratulations.

One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophy!
Are you doing a full body mount?

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I would also vote a full body mount. I have a Limpopo bushbuck full body mounted and it is one of the finer trophies in my trophy room.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks you guys! Yes, I am doing a full body mount. Haven't decided on pose or habitat, so if you have some ideas, please feel free to share them.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Bushbuck - Congrats!!!

Thank you for sharing the photo.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
That will be a teriffic full body mount. Congratulations. Was it hot over there?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Allen,
Yes it was hot. When we arrived it was in the mid 90's during the heat of the day and when we left it was 109. Our PH said that in October it gets to 145 degrees!

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Awesome bushbuck

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I saw this post and thought, ALRIGHT! AR is starting to get back to when we posted about our hunts and shared photos of great animals and not just politics.

dancing

Then I saw it's a 14 year old thread that's been resurrected.

coffee

One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I'm hooked on bushbuck!

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did a hunt in the Save' right after our Safarilawyer was there. We got to dine on Will's Bushbuck and I think it was some of the best wild game meat I have ever eaten!
The Bushbuck I took while there was the only animal Thierry let me stock and shoot on my own. It was a kick.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote