THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    If I had $50,000 to spend this year......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I had $50,000 to spend this year......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

If I had $50,000 to spend this year it would probably be for this big boy. Note the date on the trail camera. No it's not a canned lion but a free range monster on the Save Conservancy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's got hair like a rock star, I'll bet Bon Jovi is jealous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Would wait until July or Aug. pay 25 grand for the lion book an ele. with the other 25 grand
rotflmo

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've looked long and hard for a beast like that. I can't go this year because I'm building a trophy room for him (or his brother).
I can tell you that $50 K is cheap for that free range monster.

Posts: 443 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff h:
I Would wait until July or Aug. pay 25 grand for the lion book an ele. with the other 25 grand
rotflmo

The lion, in the wild and not out of a catalog, would eat up all $50k. The good news is that if you hunt in Zim, where there are some but not many lions like that one, you'll get a couple of tuskless "free" for the trophy fee, just to keep the lions in bait. Same with a buff cow or two or three. In some areas, maybe a hippo...

You can get a good ele hunt for $25k, so long as a good "average" ele will do the trick for you. Probably won't do it for an area with a truly good chance, meaning expectation, at 50lbs and more. That wouldn't bother me, 40lbs is very nice ivory.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I don't know Mark. From the looks of his toenails he looks to be only 4.5 years old. Big Grin
What a stunner!

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
I don't know Mark. From the looks of his toenails he looks to be only 4.5 years old. Big Grin
What a stunner!

I think you need a hairdresser to age a lion like that. You know what they say...

"Only his hairdresser knows for sure." Wink

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 15 April 2009 10:33 Hide Post
What a stunner!

jumping jumping jumping

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
Sango is wide open wild hunting. They are in the Save of Zim.

We saw a few lion tracks in '06 and heard them roar. Curls the hair on your neck.

What a beast.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timot - I think you are talking me into another lion hunt this year, thanks alot!!!!

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
That is a greaat cat.

If I had 50K for a hunt, it would be for PAC elephants. (AMAP)(as many as possible). thumb

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of timot
posted Hide Post
The Save valley is one of the finest hunting areas in Africa. The outfitters have only been hunting lion there for no more than three years so the area has some absolute brutes roaming around. Over 50 inch buff were shot in this area in the old days before cattle messed things up, since the buff were relocated back into the area over 15 years ago they have shot 44 and 45 inch bulls.

Posts: 125 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timot,

What outfitters operate in the Save Valley?

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale,

Timot is absolutely correct. Actually the Save may have the best buffalo hunting in Zimbabwe with an average of 40". Zambezi Hunters shot a 47 5/8 bull last year and is amazingly 100% on lion. They also have the largest hunting areas on the Save totally 250,000 acres.

You can hardly go wrong on the Save. We represent Mokore Safaris and Pro-Safaris as well as Zambezi Hunters on the Save. All will do an excellent job for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jonny. He has a first rate operation. Everything you would expect on a wild African safari.

http://www.zambezihunters.com/

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote