Find
Notify
Tools

Botswana
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey all,

I will be in Gaborone in January. I would like to visit the gun shops in town. What ones do I need to visit? What else should I see while i am in town?

Aaron
trip is for business, not a pleasure trip.

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron long time no see. What are you going to be doing over there this time?

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

There are not many gun shops in Gaborne. The place to go to is [was? My info may be dated.] PAAM or Pan African Amunition Manufacturers, that is run by Mr. Mike Botha. His business telephone number is 0392 8642 [As listed in the 2004 directory].

Please say hello to Mike from me.

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Good to hear from you. I will be doing missions work. How are things in Wheaterville?

Andrew,

Thanks much! I do think I remember this name from somewhere. Perhaps African Hunter or Man Magnum or some other publication.

Aaron

Posts: 581 | Location: Cheney, KS or Africa Somewhere | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's still here, and I'm getting bussier by the day. Finaly got my Backskins. The capes and horns are at the taxidermist in Glenrock. Hopefully I'll start seeing them completed around the first of the year. A big portion of the firehall is being replaced over the next year. Let me know when you get back through here, and have a good time in Botswana. How long will you be there this time?

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Great to hear from you again. Hope all is well up your way.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Aaron, good to see your hand at the keyboard again! Hope the health issues have gone away for your family! My doughter is still hanging on, only God knows how, but we are thankful she is!

Enjoy Botswana, and it's people, it is a great place! Be at peace, and of good health friend!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from everybody...

I worked a year at an office job... OH that is not for me! I need to be wit da people. I have a bit more time for the forum again... So i'll be around more all the time... Its good to be back.

Aaron

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PAAM is still there. It's located on the Tolkweng Road about a km past the Riverwalk Mall, on the left.
Peter Durkin
African Excursions

Posts: 44 | Location: New York | Registered: 06 April 2007Reply With Quote