Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Get Out And Vote
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
< !--color--> To all, as the mayor of my community I always check out the polling places to see if all is well...I hit my polling place last and I am always the 9th or 10th to vote... < !--color--> Today I was 47th at 7:15 am...

God Bless America,

Mike

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the polling place (was there at 6:30 AM and was second in line-out at 7:07 Am).

This is an extremely important election for gun owners. Get out today and vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Yep...I was in line at 6:20am, polls opened at 6:30am, completed voting at 7:05am.....go vote!!!!!

Posts: 109 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 22 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

This is an extremely important election for gun owners. Get out today and vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim

Who do Californians vote for to get the 50Bmg back?

Karl.

Posts: 3533 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I got to the polls at 6:15 and was tenth in line. When I left right after 7:00, there were 235 folks waiting in line. It is that important.

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I did the absentee ballot and exercized my right to vote. You can be sure there were Kerry Ferries checked on my ballot.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I was done voting at 7:29, alot of bodies at my voting place. More then in earlier years. Hope that's a great sign for George...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUSH 2004 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
My wife and I got to the polls at 6:40, and finally got to vote at 8:15. I was #161.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Why do you all vote early?

Also is the election held on a work day and not a weekend ?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
NitroX, Our elections are always on a Tuesday and the polls open around 7 AM and stay open until 9PM. We don't know why, our electoral system doesn't even make sense to us.
Although, the proportional representation system practiced in some countries in Europe and NZ seems stranger to me. Does OZ use that?

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Voted at 7:00AM this morning was #41 on the list. That is already approximately 10% of my entire polling district who voted by 7:00 AM. Looks like people are taking this election seriously.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Nitro X,

According to our Constitution, the election for the President is be held on the first Tuesday after the First Monday in November. And the polls are generally open from 7 am - 9 pm. Around here, the only elections on Saturdays are usually some type of school bond election that the school district is using to try and sneak in to raise our taxes. In most places, you can vote early. I voted about a week and half ago at my county courthouse and have had to suffer throw two weeks of political campaign ads. Damn will I be glad when all that bullshit goes away!

Now if you really want to get confused, we still have an electoral college that technically the popular votes are cast for. See, we regular voters cast our votes for candidates...and then whichever candidate gets the most votes, the electors cast their ballots for that candidate. Rarely do electors vote on their own. I could go further into this, but it is very dry stuff and I haven't much time right now. Sorry if I've left you hangin'...

To my fellow Americans, if you haven't all ready, GET OUT AND VOTE!

...or don't complain tomorrow....

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
I voted last week. Ya'll in those "toss-up" states are the ones that need to get out and vote.

Now I think I'll go respond in Will's thread just so I can say I voted twice like those double registrants in Ohio and Florida.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm as nervous as a democrat politician in church. No, that's not right, democrat politicians have no conscience so they aren't nervous in church.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The polls open at 6:00 here in Kentucky. I arrived at 5:50 and I was 12th in line. After I voted at around 6:10 there were about 40 people waiting. There is still time to make a difference get out and vote. Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
btt

Hell, I will vote again on my competing poster's post.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys

Hope all goes well in the election ...

I do hope that GWB gets another term, am watching the news coverage today over here in NZ and will be doing so till you have a result

All the best for the future

Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be like Will. Vote early, vote often.

Posts: 262 | Location: PA & VA, USA | Registered: 26 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I got mine in! I've never seen a line before at my country precinct. Today's line was long but I only had to wait 15 minutes.

I live an a very Republican location so I know why so many turned out. They want GWB to stay right where he is!

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At 7am there were 300 to 400 folks in line at my place. I went at 4:30pm 2nd in line. By the way I saw a lot of Bush supporters all over NW Atlanta today,and only one lone guy with a Kerri sign.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mbogo375,

Quote:

This is an extremely important election for gun owners.

Now why do you say that? George Sr. banned more guns than ANY democrat president ever has!

Here is some advice, stop believing all the bogus NRA scare tactics, it takes an AMENDMENT to the Constitution to ban any firearms, and TRUST NO POLITICIAN!

I do concure that everyone should VOTE! My advise is vote for your pocket book!

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
AC, help! I'm confused. First you say:

Quote:

George Sr. banned more guns than ANY democrat president ever has!

But then you say:

Quote:

Here is some advice, stop believing all the bogus NRA scare tactics, it takes an AMENDMENT to the Constitution to ban any firearms, and TRUST NO POLITICIAN!

Not trying to start a long discussion, but what constitutional amendment was involved in the first Pres. Bush gun bans?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We had the longest lines that I've ever seen. Wifezilla and I vote at the same time every election and usually we are about number 200 or so. Today I was voter number 497.

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott (AC) is just nervous because an amendment allowing for the shooting of internet trolls over bait and/or with the use of hounds is on the ballots in several states.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Scott,

This one's for you!

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I voted YES on that one.

Posts: 13664 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles,

George Bush Sr. banned the importation of "military styled" weapons. This effectively ended ownership of HK91, HK93, Hk94, Valmet, Galil, FN FAL, FN FNC, etc, etc, etc! This was done on an Executive Order!

Banning importation is the ONLY way they can ban a firearm without amending the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution!

To the rest of you, not my fault you are a bunch of sheep/chickens and have NO clue how the government is set-up.

ASS_CLOWN

PS - Clinton did not ban one single assault rifle! He only banned semi-automatic look alike, wannabe "assault rifles", and actually he did not ban the weapons, he banned certain "features" of the weapons, aka another loop hole in the interpretation of the law. The NRA used this to it's significant advantage with scare tactics to get it's membership up and in therefore make more MONEY!

<I shall speak no more of this topic>

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I certainly wouldn't hold Clintons banner too highly. As a person who doesn't know whether he is having SEX or not while receiving a BJ I can only surmise his component ban was also a simple lack of commitment. Much as other WAFFLEING Democrats are prone to do.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'm as nervous as a democrat politician in church. No, that's not right, democrat politicians have no conscience so they aren't nervous in church.

yea.....me too!!!

Actually the only reason the Democrat politician is in church is for his image and to get the church goers vote. They do this because they haven't yet figured out a way to buy it with our taz dollars.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote