New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camo in Zimbabwe??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are you allowed to wear camo in Zim? I prefer to wear military BDU's and maybe a jacket. What is the law, and your thoughts on this. Thanks

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
No Camo, ESPECIALLY military types.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Are you allowed to wear camo in Zim? I prefer to wear military BDU's and maybe a jacket. What is the law, and your thoughts on this. Thanks

According to this web site
http://www.safariconsultants.com/zornnewhunts.htm

under clothing and equipment, no camo in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
its not necessary so its kinda a moot point, unless you like camo. All I wear is a pair of Tommy Bahama Shorts, old tee shirt, BB cap, and Chuck Taylor All-Star shoes no socks. anything more is too much. Less is better.

sorry about the spelling,
I missed that class.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
greens and med brown clothes are the best, nothing dark. Light tans tend to stand out, better off with the meds.

No camo, really isn't needed

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As previously stated..no camo. However I've seen my share of camo clothing worn by everyone including the PH's, even Zimbabwe. I do think I'd stay away from camo but a single piece of real tree type camo probably won't be challenged. I would especially avoid all types of military camo.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The actual law says- no rhodesian army or ZNA camo. The draft update says no Rhodesian army, ZNA camo or that worn by any of our neigboring military forces.

Practically. Desert paterns are on sale in the flea markets and nobody minds. Stay away from any patterns heavy on green. American standard jungle pattern is too similar to regular brit army stuff and to be mistaken for brit army is to invite a world of trouble.

Personally, I would say - a cameb bak or duffle bag in camo - fine. your cloathing. not at the moment. If you feel you need camo (most bowhunters do) by a "real tree" type design that looks nothing like any army issue camo.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
If you have your heart set on a classic american military cammo pattern and have an extra five dollars in your pocket (or a bottle of coke, or a cracker, or a 1/4 liter of gas, or a 7.62x39 bullet), I wouldn't worry about it. roflmao

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric, is that less is better a Vagas thang?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Having just returned from Zimbabwe in June, I can tell you that at least American green and desert camo is legal. I choose not to wear it but I brought my ph a few "oufits" in both desert and woodland camo and he wears them with no problem. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanajcj
posted Hide Post
camouflage just doesn't seem right for a safari, or is that just me.

Fine rifles, sundowners, cigars, and Mossy Oak? thumbdown

LostHorizonsOutfitters.com
----------------------------
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"
Davy Crockett 1835
----------------------------

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, where else! | Registered: 18 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
bwanacj: My thoughts exactly Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Camouflage on Safari, most certainly not !

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Almost as bad as "blue fri ya balls denim Jeans" on safari.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote