New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-Square at Cabelas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A while back an AR member asked about availability of A-Square Ammo. Sorry but I forget who. I just noticed Cabelas is now carrying the assortment of loaded A-Square Ammo in multiple safari-worthy calibers. However, A-Square and Cabelas seem quite proud of it!!!
Ex.- 416 Rigby 10 count box is 90.00!!!
While Norma 416 Rigby loads featuring Barnes solids or Swift A-Frames are $130 for 20 count box. A pretty big differential.

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Highway robbery---

Midway carries it also--

I know they get between $81-$90 for 458 lott stuff(20 rounds)--because I bought 3 boxes when there was nothing else available and I was waiting for reloading components--in my CZ 458 lott they don't feed so well and I don't plan on buying them again due to the feeding and price--

everything I've seen concerning the A-Square lion loads is to stay way clear-they blow up on game---especially against game that can fight back which isn't good--

I don't know what they get for the 416 rigby loadings--but I'd bet it's right up there to make you cringe and I'd be leary about possible feeding issues--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just checked Midway--$75-$78 for 10 rounds...chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
A-Square Dead Toughs and Mono Solids have a good reputation on game. There seems to be some serious dislike of the Lion Loads, though. I think it's a better idea to buy the bullets and load your own.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have used rifles listed also, for who ever can balance one.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote