THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe.....Plum Tree and Matopo Hills area question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe.....Plum Tree and Matopo Hills area question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be hunting Plum Tree and Matopo Hills area in August for leopard and plains game.
For any of you that have been there, how would you describe the area, terrain etc. Also, do you think that I will see any elephant, lion, or croc's? Plum Tree is very close to Botswanna border, so I'm hoping to see some Elephant.
Your comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost forgot, I will be hunting with Wayne Grant. Any pictures would be great!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grew up in the matops. My favorite spot in Zim and home to the highest leopard population in Africa.

Granite kopies and Dwala's intersperced by thickly wooded valleys. Very scenic. Millions of caves.

Unlikely to see elephant. Black and white rhino - perhaps. Ele, rare unless they come over the border or up from tuli.

Wayne is a good PH, and I would like to see the feedback. Traditional leopard over bait or with hounds?

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Ganyana

I agree the Matapos Hills area is ruggedly beautiful.

Are these hunts carried on in the "old" National Park or outside of it? I was wondering how far the granite kopjes extend in that area of Zimbabwe.

It would be a scenic place to hunt leopard for sure.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply's. I only know that the hunting will be done in the Plum Tree area. Can't Wait!

Ganyana....you have a private message