THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Need Help With Safari Planning....................

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Need Help With Safari Planning....................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You will need financial help as well...DG in Botswana is expensive.

However, there is hope. I can offer you a ten day PG/Leopard package for circa $15,000 all in. Private property (leopard hunt is conducted in the Central Kalahari reserve, the second largest reserve in the world), excellent lodge, world class raconteur. Great Eland, Oryx, Kudu and other PG trophies.

PM me if interested.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a tented safari, you can go with HHK Safaris.

They offer safaris in zimbabwe and in botswana. But it costs $200 per day extra to sleep in a tent.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
JJ: Assuming you are looking at Botswana so that you can be in the Okavango Delta, I have heard good things about Clive Eaton who hunts for Mark Kyriacou's Big Game & Bird Safaris. I have not hunted with them, opting for the less-expensive Caprivi Strip. There are other "top tier" outfitters that I would also check out, such as Blackbeard & Hepburn. Clive's email was listed on AR some time ago as: tholo@mega.bw; Kyriacou's webpage: Big Game Safaris

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info guys. Thats why I enjoy this site, firsthand knowledge...............................JJ

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Could be expensive. I was told that in Botswana all the trophy fees should be prepaid. Could be stressful fearing not to bag all what you want. Is it true?

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

For a tented safari, you can go with HHK Safaris.

They offer safaris in zimbabwe and in botswana. But it costs $200 per day extra to sleep in a tent.

I had an email from Pierre who runs the Classic Tented Safaris for HHK. One thing he mentioned is the tented camps are setup in the hunting area. This means less daily travel. You are right near the better hunting areas when you leave camp. Hey just like the 1920's. Being tented camps I suppose they are easier to move around to vary hunting pressure.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There is no requirement to pre-pay trophy fees in Botswana, however if you hunt the Okavango or other Government area then you do have to pre-pay a licence fee for each animal you want to hunt. This licence fee is not refundable if you don't get the animal.

If you hunt Tuli Block of Botswana which is privately owned then there are no licence fees to pay before or after anyway. Just the trophy fee. The only exception will begin next year when a licence fee will be chargeable on Tuli Leopards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could try TG Safaris, they arrange hunts in Botswana and you can plan your hunt in every detail. The tented option is expensive though but if money isn�t an option.

Try contacting Tino Erasmus (homepage details below)

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our PG hunts are pay-for-blood but the hot pursuit leopard hunt is pay to play. We have not yet had a hunter return after 10 days without his leopard. Something made those tracks!

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote