THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any Cape Buffalo hunt for 2008 available?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Cape Buffalo hunt for 2008 available?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted
I just came from having dinner with a friend who was scheduled to go to Zim in July or August 2008 for Cape Buffalo. Trouble is, he let his brother make the arrangements and now he doesn't know if he even has a hunt. He has not heard from his own brother or a PH for months and time is getting short.

He asked me to put a feeler out in this forum to see if there are still hunts available for 2008 in Zim or Bots just in case he brother flakes out on him.

I don't know the name of the PH his brother contacted or even if one was ever contacted.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Namibiahunter,

We can accommodate him easily in an excellent area in Zim. Pro-Safaris has just picked up the Rifa area which is excellent and there is quota left in Charara right on Lake Kariba.

Contact me anytime if this is of interest.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12954 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i am willing to bet that there are buff hunts all over southern and east africa if you are willing to pay the price. the entire continent can't be sold out, otherwise why would exhibitors go to the upcoming conventions and why will you see posters at a lot of booths advertising buff "specials"?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13330 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like his brother is a fruit loop. There are definitely buff available from a number of operators. You have lots of options still.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark H. Young

We can accommodate him easily in an excellent area in Zim. Pro-Safaris has just picked up the Rifa area which is excellent and there is quota left in Charara right on Lake Kariba.

Contact me anytime if this is of interest.

Mark

Thanks, Mark, for your tip. I'll pass your phone, email, and website to my friend. He just bought a Sako .375 H&H and I'd hate to see him not get to use it.

I don't know why someone would allow this situation to happen but, personally, I have my hunts booked at least a year and a half in advance.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Namibiahunter,

This is not an unusual story. One guy volunteers to arrange things but doesn't really follow through and then you have the situation your speaking of.

Like you I always try to arrange my hunts far in advance and I recommend my clients do the same.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12954 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
The heat sun and tsetsi flies work tricks on the mind in Africa, you know the old saying (only mad dogs and Englisman go out in the midday sun) might be the reason (-;

Tell the brother to keep in the shade and switch on as there are hunts to be had

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's well over a hundred on quota in the lower Zambezi Valley...and they probably won't sell out, didn't last year. (Unless Tanz scares everyone away).

We can also set you up in RSA, on 30000 ha so fenced but not really confined.

Namibia is sold out.

Don't know about Zambia. Tanzania plenty avail.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2929 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Here is a very general observation. Yes ther are exceptions ...

You can still find hunts in Zimbabwe, they have a lot of quota and some guys are shy about booking Zim hunts too far out.However, most good operators will sell out of Buffalo every year in Zim. A good majority will sell out by the end of SCI in Jan.

Your real top notch Buffalo hunts are all sold out for 2008, except for special circumstances, cancellations, late changes etc. (Best areas of Okavango, Zambia, Masailand, Caprivi, etc.)

(Here is one exception) I have one Buffalo in Caprivi for 2008 left to sell. A hunter for 08 just moved his hunt to a 2009 Elephant and left one vacant.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote