New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awesome Elephant Hunting Video
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While in Reno, I picked up "Hunting the African Elephant, The Complete Guide" by Buzz Charlton, Charlton McCallum Safaris.

This is a great elephant hunting video. It is actually an elephant hunting instructional video.

Quite a few AR members make an appearance as well. I think I saw:

500 Grains
Will
Ann
Norbert
Bill C

It is worth the $30

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I was hoping someone would see the video. I hope to buy one in Dallas.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
and i wanna buy one two to add to my colection.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Tim - Glad to hear some feedback, as I have not seen it yet but am eager to get my copy from Buzz. Some time ago, before Buzz did the editing, he asked me to ask the AR forum members what they wanted to see in an ele hunting video. The majority of feedback said make it instructional and educational, without too much hype. Sounds like he took the advice!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Actually, $39.95.

If asked to sign any copies, I'll have to charge $49.95. Smiler

I haven't watched it yet, but I must be wonderful. Big Grin

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19361 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Boddington on Buffalo and Boddington on Leopard. I also have watched one of the "Tracks Across Africa" shows, which is a new series of 30 min. shows, with Boddington & Andrew Dawson taking crocodile.

I think the above shows/videos are well done in that they are educational/instructional.

In comparing the above videos to Buzz's elephant video, I would have to rate Buzz's video a bit better in that there is zero advertising (no products or sponsors mentioned) and during the talking sequences, Buzz is showing elephant, terrain, trackers working, safari footage, etc. In the Boddington video, it seems that they sit around the campfire and talk alot (not as exciting).

Anyway, I think that all of the videos are great, but Buzz's just seems to stand out as being a bit better. It is very action packed. You definately feel like you have learned A LOT about elephant hunting by the end.

My next hunt is supposed to be a buffalo/plainsgame hunt in Chewore North. After watching this video, I think I will change it to a tuskless cow/plainsgame hunt.

Anyway, it is worth the $39.95 even without Will's autograph Big Grin

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys where can one order one of the Charlton Elephany videos?

Thanks

Posts: 89 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rock,

I understand a website is being established to sell the video, and that it will be available from Rowland Ward in the coming months. However, as work on the video was just barely completed, as of now the only way to purchase one will be at the Dallas SCI show. Perhaps someone going to Dallas can pick one up for you.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 grains, thanks for the info...

Posts: 89 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just finished the video I picked up in Reno. One word - INCREDIBLE! If I had watched it before going to the show, I would have booked a tuskless hunt instead of leopard in Namibia. Way to go, Buzz.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tim... I am dying to see the video, I was wondering if I'm in it?? Dangerous Dave

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I want one!!! and also a copy of Will's book.
Anyone wanting to help??
I will send the money inmediately.
Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote