Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork at DSC - Booth 411
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings,

Dallas Safari Club is hosting its "First Light 2010" convention from January 7th-10th at the Dallas Convention Center" First Light 2010".

If you get a chance to go, please stop by our booth - #411 as we would love to meet you all. You will see our full product line on display and we will be there to answer any questions you might have on our product. You can even buy product directly from us at the show, saving shipping costs.

See you at the show!

Regards,
North Fork Technologies

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on making the .24 caliber bullets any time in the future? I'd love to try them out in my .243 Win for an upcoming safari next year.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news. I will be stopping by. Hope your inventory is up.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I have heard a lot about your bullets and look forward to meeting you guys and learning more about your product.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Booth 411....or is that .411? Hmmm....is this a precursor of things yet to come? Big Grin

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Are y'all gonna drag Mike out of the sticks and bring him along?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will you be at Reno?
I got Safari in RSA mid-April and we need to talk bullets.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To All,

We tried to get Mike to come along, but he would kick and scream the whole way down. He likes the cold of Wyoming. But he does say he would like to see some of the "old" friends.

411 was very lucky and quite serendipitous. We almost did not get into the show.

We will also be at Reno, but just walking around. Not quite big enough to afford a booth there quite yet.

Graybird - No plan as of yet. If you would like to buy the 2K needed in tooling and 4000lb of copper bar, we would love to make them for you fishing Smiler. Seriously, keep harping on us, we evaluate calibers and our money situation all the time. The larger calibers just took precedence this year.

Again, please stop by the booth. We have been working hard on it for quite some time. Being engineers, we love to talk to the technical stuff.

Regards,
North Fork

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com

Posts: 158 | Location: Philomath, Oregon | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
We tried to get Mike to come along, but he would kick and scream the whole way down. He likes the cold of Wyoming.

He is like that! I figured he would be hard to run out of the sticks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
How about the 9.3s are you bringing those with you? I need some soft points, and some square points. I have 150 stashed away for my 470.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
>Quote<
"We will also be at Reno, but just walking around. Not quite big enough to afford a booth there quite yet."

Any chance you will have bullets with you? Lots of deals are done in the parking lot.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Big Grin Yup, best thing I ever saw in my rear view mirror was that thing ya'll call the DFW megalopolis clusterf--k or whatever it's called. Glenrock only has one four-way stop and half the people don't pay any attnetion to that. DFW is just a tad too much for my blood pressure. Three times was enough. Without doubt, I will miss not seeing those folks that became much more than customers. Maybe next year if the blood pressure meds have kicked in Wink

Mike

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
North Fork ----- Thanks for keeping us posted, the last time I went to Dallas was Mike's last trip there. I am very thankful you folks are now producing Mike's great bullet. I have used it for several years in North America and Africa. Along with my son (several Elk including a monster bull this year in Kentucky) , grandson (Elk and several Deer), myself and several buddies that Elk hunt every year, we feel there is no better bullet produced in this country today. Keep up the good work and if you ever talk Mike into going out of town with you, let us know. ----- Mike, know that you are welcome in old Kentucky. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NFMike:

Big Grin Yup, best thing I ever saw in my rear view mirror was that thing ya'll call the DFW megalopolis clusterf--k or whatever it's called. Glenrock only has one four-way stop and half the people don't pay any attnetion to that. DFW is just a tad too much for my blood pressure. Three times was enough. Without doubt, I will miss not seeing those folks that became much more than customers. Maybe next year if the blood pressure meds have kicked in Wink

Mike

Hell Mike there aren't but three Texans in Dallas, and I'm two of them. I live 40 miles from the hall, and it is bumper to bumper all the way there, and back. So I see why anyone who lives in a small town would hate Dallas, and you can count me in on that one. the little town I live in, in SouthEast Tarrant county south East of Fort Worth,is 5000 population, and that is getting crowded, because we now have three red lights.

..........We'll miss your smileing face at the show! Enjoy the snow up there! wave

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37 - We will have them there. Come early and come quick, don't know what we will have left by the end of the show.

Pegleg - We like your thinking although a 50lb limit on bags for the airlines doesn't allow one to get a whole lot of bullets in there. Mad

phurley5 - Thanks for the kind commnets. Both myself and the other owner would not have bought the company if we did not believe in the product along with knowing it was the best. Being engineers, we don't play the "marketing" game well, nor do we believe the marketing hype from anyone's product. We test everything and did long before we bought out Mike. This is also the reason we have not changed the original NF design. We could make them "sexier", sleaker, giving them more B.C., but that is for the magazines and writers, we like to hear about dead trophies our customers did not have to track for miles. beer

As always, we promise to keep making bullets as long as our customers keep buying them.

North Fork Technologies
www.northforkbullets.com