THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Plainsgame in Bushman Land / Nyae Nyae ...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plainsgame in Bushman Land / Nyae Nyae ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear all,

I am planning a week of plainsgame hunting in the conservancy end of May 2014.

It is to be tent-based and to be done mainly on foot with bushman trackers (and PH Sigi from Zighenzani).

Does anyone know the area and has hunted there? any advice, reports, pictures etc. would be greatly appreciated.

best regards and many thanks

M

Posts: 49 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I can't be of much help but this sounds like a very interesting hunt. I've never heard of anyone hunting there exclusively for plainsgame although my PH back in 2007 did inquire with Kai-Uwe about us hunting eland there but it this was not the best location for eland and we ended up hunting outside Otavi instead.

I would strongly suggest you getting your hands on the book "Along the Hunters Path" by Kai-Uwe Denker. If I remember correctly much of the book is about neighboring Khaudum but it should provide some good insight to this pocket of Namibia nonetheless.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your reports next year.

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the remarks!

I did read KUDs book but will have to read it again apparently. Isn't the book about the area more to the north? but I guess there is not too much difference.

regarding hunting there: I was asking for the mode of the hunt, not necessarily specific beasts.

any first-hand-experience about the area would be appreciated!

Posts: 49 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote