THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Going Thru Frankfurt or Munich With Firearm

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going Thru Frankfurt or Munich With Firearm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at some flights out of Frankfurt or Munich for Namibia; mainly AirBerlin.
They go to Windhoek on Sunday--Wednesday and return Monday--Thursday.
Some of the airlines going out of these cities don't have baggage agreements with the flights coming from the U.S.
How do you get your rifle from baggage claim across the terminal and check it in at AirBerlin?
Thanks for any information

MauserK98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I traveled through Frankfort to Windhoek last year and I don't remember having to touch my luggage until I got to Windhoek. Same was true on the return trip to the states. Are you using Gracy Travel who is used to this transfer?

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back on this trip. Houston Frankfort Lufstanza Frankfort Windhoek with Namibia air. It was seamless both ways. tickets through Gracy travel.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1231 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BuffNut
posted Hide Post
I've done that route a few times - the most recent in 2009. I went Lufthansa to Air Namibia. No need to pick up and re-check bags in Frankfurt, Lufthansa checked them all the way to Windhoek for me and they were transferred from Lufthansa to Air Namibia no problems.

I've always used Gracy in the past but am switching to a guy that is highly recommended here who used to work for Gracy. Gracy's customer service has not been great for me. Though I will say that "Bruce," their guy in the airport in Johannesburg, is an absolute treasure. That guy is spectactular.

Posts: 193 | Location: Cherry Log, Georgia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote