New
Find
Notify
Tools

World's Most Expensive Buffalo??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the guy who bought Arnold Payne's $100,000, 50 incher can buy this for his collection.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The breeder industry in SA is an elaborate scam to jack up prices on breeders and sperm. Unfortunately, there're still a lot of suckers in SA...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of us hunting Africa buy too much into the whole BS story sold with the vacation.

No Buffalo on breeding cash flow is worth $8 mil.

The buyers of these fractional interest are businessmen operating in South Africa - not foreign investors. The sellers are African politicians.

A bribe is moving around and now being divided into fractional breeding buffaloes.

Nice scam and I will bet the tax laws in South Africa will have these transactions as tax free.

And I will bet in this whole cash transfer scheme some idiots are going to get caught up investing in fly by night animal breeders/scam artist.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
No different than New Zealand " Super stags"
Ridiculous, but so many people justify going down there and hang them freaks on their wall
Oh, and all the stories...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i imagine there will be a huge drop at some point in the breeding game of South Africa

here in the US whitetails used to be worth big money for breeding operations, now a lot of those operations are scaling back and instead of being bought as a breeding buck some of these big bucks are being sold as shooters.

to the best of my knowledge just like SA the demand from the hunter is still there, but as the market gets saturated with "breeders" they aren't worth as much as breeding stock as they are shooting stock

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Until everyone has a big one, then the race for big one will be diminished ( or rather their value )

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cape buffalo I've seen in RSA have been nice, but I've not seen any massive offspring of these massive breeder bulls, either alive or reported taken by RSA hunters. Have you?

Where is the evidence this RSA Cape buffalo, massive trophy, breeding program is working?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
The cape buffalo I've seen in RSA have been nice, but I've not seen any massive offspring of these massive breeder bulls, either alive or reported taken by RSA hunters. Have you?

Where is the evidence this RSA Cape buffalo, massive trophy, breeding program is working?

right now the money would be in breeding stock so probably not seen on the hunting farms.

my question: how many years does it take for a bull to hit 30", 40", 45"

I know deer can start making enormous antlers at 2 years old, but has to take a lot of $$ to feed a buffalo until it's old, hard, and wide

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim629:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:

right now the money would be in breeding stock so probably not seen on the hunting farms.

my question: how many years does it take for a bull to hit 30", 40", 45"

I know deer can start making enormous antlers at 2 years old, but has to take a lot of $$ to feed a buffalo until it's old, hard, and wide

The Cape buffalo trophy breeding program has been in effect for decades. There ought to be results by now.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
If SCI adopted the Boone and Crocket fair chase standards for being "in the book", this nonsense would if not end be brought down to a trickle. No problem with people hunting high fences, but allowing them to be but in the record book just encourages this kind of crap

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It might be worth noting this isn't about hunting it's about breeding and no different to breeding bulls or horses or even to a lesser extent, buying/selling futures.

Whether the market will collapse at some point in the future is nothing more than speculation but it's been going for decades and has been very successful for a good number of very well informed people for many years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shakari, Well said my friend. What I don't understand is nobody is forcing anyone to invest or buy game and pay these prices guys, so if someone wants to do it so be it.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
When you think how many decades the industry has been going and how wealthy some people have become from it you have to appreciate it's a helluva good business to be in IF (note the big IF) you know what you're doing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a shooter to me. Scroll down past the news about the wide horned cape buff and watch the video of two water buff bulls killing each other due to a high speed charge at each other. The vietnamese put on water buff fights but they let these two go at each other from too great a distance and that means a full gallop.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nothing to do with hunting. The bubble will probably burst at some stage , But if people are making money and risking THEIR money , so what ? Good for them.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote