New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know that the replys to this will range greatly but please bear with me and know I am not of any sort of wealth, just a hard worker with big dreams. I would despratly like to by a side by side rifle. I was wondering if it were to be possible to find one for under 5 grand that is worth the buy. I am not looking for a piece of art, just a usable and reliable gun to begin my African hunting career. Thanks

<BWN300MAG>
posted
Buy a Pedersoli Kodiak in 45-70 (you can probably get one for around $3,000.00). Take it to a reputable gunsmith and have it rechambered to 450 NE No2 (varying costs on this end). If you are ready to buy, I might know someone who is ready to sell.
Brian

<BWN300MAG>
posted
Damn...I almost forgot. You could just leave it as a 45-70 and go hunt Buffalo with Carmello.

jumping

sofa

Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick

Buy a good bolt gun in 375 H&H with a scope and spend the extra on trophy fees.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
For $5,000.00 I will sell you two. I have a very nice Pedersoli 45-70 with 20 bore barrels and case and a Boswell 303 with dies, bullets and regulation load that is a bit rough but shoots fine. Both are top lever hammer guns.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Look around for a Chapuis in 9.3x74 you should be able to find one for that. I don't think a new one is much more in 9.3 utility grade. With a scope it's adequate for anything up to Buffalo in my opinion. I'm sure this will start a plethora of different ideas. Also look for a Valmet in 9.3x74 if you like O/U's. I've had and used both and like them especially the Chapuis. Wish I had it back.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
keep your eyes open at gun shows, gun list, etc. there usually a side by side 9.3x74 or two floating around in the 4-5 range.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote