Find
Notify
Tools

Aardwolf a possibility?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
When I hunted in Namibia in 2005, I was told that ther were no Aardwolf in the area we were hunting, but was told if there were any they would be protected.

What is the situation with Aardwolf in South Africa and anywhere else for that matter?

Does anyone know of any outfitter that has Aardwolf as a huntable species?

And don't give me the namby pamby BS about them being termite licking Fifi poodles all the while posting photos of your #3 SCI Dik Dik.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I thought that they were protected everywhere.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It depends on the area. However you or your ph must send a motivation letter to parks as to why you want to hunt them. If they accept it you then have to obtain the license and extra paprwork ahead of time. That is true for any of the unsual small animals. Depending on the area certain things are still protected, and some proected everywhere. To answer your question yes it is possible. The other part is there is no night hunting. I shot mine at 1 in the afternoon but that is very unusual as they are primarily nocturnal. Definitely luck of the draw. I also hunted an aardvark same thing. However, I couldnt do it in the north, could only hunt one in the southern part of Namibia. Again no night huting so unless you catch one at an unusual time or at last shootng in the evening you are out of luck.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
D99, if you write a application letter to accompany your outfitters application of a trophy hunt permit to MET (ministry of environment and tourism in Namibia), they will issue a permit to hunt one. The south of Namibia has plenty, maybe not more than the north, but easier to spot. Calling them works excellent. The same procedure will have to be followed for brown hyena, badger, African wild cat, porcupine, springhare, etc.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote