New
Find
Notify
Tools

Afton Guest House. Meet and great
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am staying at the Afton Guest House in July. Do I use rifepermits or vipmeetand assist to take care of the SAPS? Both web sites are indenticl, However Vipmeetand assist is the one recommended by Afton Guest House.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
It is my undertanding THAT Afton Guest House now offer that service themselves, unless I am reading their webpage incorrectly !!!

Meet & Assist Sercices

OR does Afton Guest House act as an intemediary and (sub-contract to RiflePermits.com) for the permit application, or do they do it themselves independantly of RiflePermits

Someone whom has been there or contacted them recently should know ???

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have stayed at Afton House 3 times, I highly recommend it.

Be sure and eat at the Ocean Basket.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
VIPmeetandassist is Afton GH, one and the same. Riflepermits.com used to be Eddy but I think Afton took over his business. Hence the identical websites...two windows to the same great team.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sort of thought they were one and the same. Thanks N E 450 No 2 about the rec. on food. About the only thing I like better hunting is eating.

Look forward to being there in July.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got back from SA two weeks ago and clearing the gun was not a problem, everybody was polite and quick.

Three years ago it was a different story, then it took HOURS to get through SAPS.

Fill in the SAPS form before you leave and see that you have the letter of invitation etc and you won´t have any problems.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
h kittle

Just got back from Botswana and as usual used Afton for everything. They meet you at the plane, have your pre approved rifle permit in hand and walk you through, could not be smoother. Yes they handle all the services themselves and take you to and from the house as well as take you to dinner. They also coordinate directly with Gracy Travel who also do a great job. Louis used to work for SAA and there is not a part of that airport he does not know. I don't know how many rifles he has tracked down, some for people who weren't even staying with him.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote