Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting a ph of the past at Huntex
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted
I took my friend Paulo from Mozambique to the Huntex show on Friday. We had quite a busy program as their was a lot of people we wanted to meet up with.

We went to the African outfitter exhibition as I wanted to say hi to Neels and introduce Paulo to Neels. While we were having a chat an elderly gentleman walked in, I did not recognize him at first.

When we were introduced it was non other than Geoff Waitwright. We just sat their listening to his stories and enjoyed his sense of humour.

What a kind and gentle person he is. It was a moment in my life that I will treasure. His experiences in Africa is amazing, reading it is one thing but listening to him telling it personally was an unforgettable experience

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
Jaco,

I also had the pleasure of meeting Geoff in Tzaneen in Limpopo of all places possible. He was driving a Land Cruiser with Wengert Windrose Safari decals on and stopped by me to ask directions. Having read a lot of his stories in magazines and owning a book written by him I could luckily identify him !! We had a nice chat and I sent him in the right direction Smiler

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kallie404:
Jaco,

I also had the pleasure of meeting Geoff in Tzaneen in Limpopo of all places possible. He was driving a Land Cruiser with Wengert Windrose Safari decals on and stopped by me to ask directions. Having read a lot of his stories in magazines and owning a book written by him I could luckily identify him !! We had a nice chat and I sent him in the right direction Smiler

We talked about the book, Geoff's words were something like this "Don't buy the book it is shitly written, I am planning on bringing out a new one. He is a very funny character and I cannot wait to read his new book.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Geoff did quite a bit of hunting here in Zambia and I have always enjoyed his writings.

One of those great PHs that never put himself on a pedestal.

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted with Geoff in the 90's in TZ. He was quite a character.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would be Geoff Wainwright and his book is Hunting For Trouble from Safari Press I believe.

Posts: 464 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He used to have this ugly disgusting leather hat. We got it and threw it up in the air. I shot it with a shotgun. Couldn't tell the difference.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote