Quick Go away bird vid
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b9_1277567829

Big Grin

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Big Grin rotflmo Big Grin

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jumping

-Bob F. beer

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These birds can be a pain, but they are one of my favorite creatures and sounds while in Africa. I can't say they have spooked game in my instance but they do put a lot of critters on some stage of alert. While bow hunting in Africa I am usually very well hidden so the quarry doesn't seem to care much about them.

Very funny video and end result!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We were in the middle of a rather long stalk of two elands when we ran into one of those birds.

My PH's face turned ashen white, then red and me on my first safari was clueless as to his dilemna

So I asked him to what was going on and he quickly explained this birds habit of killing stalks.

I asked if they were territorial and he thought they were somewhat.

I said, I'm up for a longer walk.

We walked away from the eland who were several hundred yards away at the time, the bird eventually got tired and left us alone and we circled back and killed the eland.

Never ran into one of the little buggers again.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
This was a scene from the SA film/documentary "Animals are" "Beautiful people" by Jamie Uys.
A must see. tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote