Find
Notify
Tools

Reno and Dallas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted
There are lots of folks discussing Reno or Dallas, but nothing so far from folks who are going to both SCI in Reno AND DSC in Dallas.

I'm going to both, who else is doing double duty.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
One is enough; I've even reduced the days I attend over the past few years. Reno: in on Tue., out on Friday.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
One for me as well. Flying from Las Vegas to Reno on Wednesday evening and back to Vegas on Sunday morning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did both last year, not again. Dallas was interesting and got a chance to meet Wayne(Bitteroot) who was building a rifle for me at the time. Hotel rooms and driving and eating get a little expensive. Reno only for this year.

Got to tone it down a little this year. Bought too many guns, scopes, safari's and Taxidermy. Time to see what 2011 look like at Reno.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
UEG, you promised to come to Dallas... I have attended both but as of now settled in for Dallas and maybe one other show away from home.
I arrive for the beginning of the show and stay till the end, gives me lots of time to see every thing in depth...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember 2012 is Las Vegas and 2013 is Dallas.

Don't know why? Confused
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reno only this year. Drive (10 hours from Idaho) in on Thur., attend Fri/Sat, and drive home on Sun. Works real well for us, unless blizzard hits in January. Smiler

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I know, I know, but my wife is insistent on SCI this year and attending the last night's banquet with President George W. Bush. Moreover, we are in the process of paying for three safaris' worth of trophies taxidermy, and we will be in San Diego with our daughter and her husband during the Dallas Safari Club convention. (Excuses, Excuses, Excuses). Mike: We will see you and Cherie again, I promise!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Reno only this year. Drive (10 hours from Idaho) in on Thur., attend Fri/Sat, and drive home on Sun. Works real well for us, unless blizzard hits in January. Smiler

Blank,
why not fly out of IF or direct flight from SLC?

it is only a short direct flight from SLC hilbily
maybe you plan on buying a lot of goodies at Reno----too much for 50 pound limit? thumb

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just Dallas

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote