Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best QD scope rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Another problem I am finding w/the Warne's with the levers on the bolt side is that when the rifle is carried over the shoulder "PH style" (scope facing out, which gives the best balance), they dig into your shoulder. I must say though that the spring tension is strong, and it requires deliberate effort to reposition, at least on the new ones. The other rifle has Tally's, which would be on the Ruger if Tally made them to fit Ruger's mounting system.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI, I have had Talleys, Kimber, and am going to try warne plus some custom job that slides on pins... My only complaint with the talleys is that the low combined with the bases wasn't very low... I could put my fat finger underneath the bell of the scope and it is a 6X42 Kahles. I prefer my scopes mounted as low as they can get because I shoot husqvarna and the stocks have considerable drop... For me it depends on what style of stock and how low you want your scope.
Aaron

Posts: 71 | Location: Kansas and Namibia | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of the ones I use I would rank them 1) Talley, 2) Warner, 3) Leupold. They are all on bigger bore rifles and they have all worked. If your rifle is a CZ or true Mauser you may have to mount the Talley and Warner with the levers on the bolt handle side.With the M70 or Rem 700 either side will work.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have a chance read the July Rifle issue as there is a good comparison there of several different mounts.
I have both Leupold and the Weaver tip-offs Also Ruger which in integral but easily removable and I think I prefer the Leupold.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote