THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Which Critical (and non-obvious) Item or Piece of Equipment...?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Critical (and non-obvious) Item or Piece of Equipment...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by trophyhunter5000:
quote:
Originally posted by little miss:
One thing we found to be very useful. A couple of tap on lights. I'm talking about the small 3" ones you can pick up at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Put one in the bathroom and one by your bedside. Very handy when you need to get up in the middle of the night and the generators are off. They are LED so they illuminate the room and leave your hands free. Good to read by too.

I was going to say compact flashlight...

Wasn't thinking ahead about it one night when going to the bathroom...the shut the gene off while I was answering natures call and I had to navigate in the dark...

Nearly tripped over my gun case...

My compact light was always in pocket around camp in the evenings after that...

Check out "little miss's" post about the "tap on lights". They are great in the hut ot tent.

I have spent many a night sleeping in a tent or on the ground with only a tarp. When there is a bump in the night or nature is really calling, that is not the time to be fumbling for your light. I ALWAYS sleep with my petzl or princeton headlamp pulled down around my neck. It is then quite easy to find. You can just click it on for a quick bit of light or move it up to your forehead for more serious needs. You won't notice it while you sleep. On my trip to Zim I would lay in bed after the generator turned off and with the light around my neck I could finish writing in my journal or read my book quite comfortably.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote