Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Ruger Bolt Action Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Quote:

and another where the trigger froze up at the wrong time.

Russ
I'm interested in you experiances with the trigger frezzing, did you get this worked out or just get rid of said offender ?
I've got one thats froze a couple of times - it's got me puzzled
M77

Posts: 77 | Location: Hopefully out in the hills somewhere | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I love my Ruger 7RM

It's a stainless version, and I installed a B&C stock and a Timney trigger.

It will group 160gr X bullets extremely sell- most often all 3 will either touch each other or close enough..

3" groups at 300.

Good enough for anythign in NA...Probably most of Africa, too

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can take any factory rifle and put it up on these boards and some will trash it and some will praise it and some will suggest that their other brand is the only way to go...

All bunk, all factory rifles have rejects, they are called lemons in vehicles....some work out and some don't..and they are all pretty much equal on that count. Most will be warrented and most can be fixed with a little tweaking..

Fact is Ruger is one of the best rifles on the market today and their safari grade is in a class of its own in the firearms industry, what with the intregal quarter rib, barrel band swivel and front sight and the nice wood they use on these rifles, and 3 pos. safety,..The barrel alone from a custom shop would run you three grand I suspect...

In rifles, like most things, you get about what you pay for, and it just cost a little more to go first class..If production costs are cheap, then retail price is cheap and you can bet the gun is cheap...

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
I bought .458RugerNo1's .338, mounted a Leupy on it, and am definitely impressed!!! I'm planning on taking a cow elk with it this weekend. I've got just about one of everything, and I personally really like the Rugers. Definitely a reliable firearm.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can anyone direct me to a cartridge comparison photo of the .458 Lott? I have been considering one of these Rugers for a while and with the addition of the Lot, I am more interested than ever. Plus, Dan Lilja from Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels is a client and I regularly buy barrels off him, so this opens up many other possibilities. I must admit, I would like the option of stainless steel for my trip to Alaska (when I ever get there...).

Thanks!

Sheldon

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Geronimo,
Good show Kimosabe, these white men speak with forked tongue! 06, 180 or 200 gr. Noslers heap big medicine.

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote