THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Reccomendations for Sitatunga, black and kafue lec

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reccomendations for Sitatunga, black and kafue lec
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Im looking for a short list of ph's to use for planning an upcoming trip. I would be interested in other animals as well, but these three are the primary targets.

Balla Balla, I know your brother has buff and kafue lechwe. Im looking to hunt the swamps etc. Any suggestions?

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Mike,

How about Johnny du Plooy? I believe he has red, black and Kafue lechwe as well as sitatunga.

Let me know if he is one you'll consider.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I am considering all possibilites at this point. do you have a web site for him? I will talk to you about it this weekend. Im coming in on Friday morning. I will meet Matt, Rick etc at the convention center. It appears I have been drafted for the work force. Actually, I am looking forward to it.

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Mike, I would also suggest considering Johnny du Plooy, and I am sure Ann can set something up for you. He hunts in the Bangweulu area for Lechwe & Sitatunga (where he said he never failed to take a Sitatunga for a client), day hunts for Kafue Lechwe from Lusaka, and also has a concession in the northern part of the country (Tondwa) for Sitatunga, Roan, Defassa Waterbuck, etc. He will be at the SCI show, and can be reached via phone in the States from Jan-14 to Feb-8 at 502-551-2654. I am also considering a hunt like this, for 05. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I can bring some info on Saturday for Johnny too.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike do try to do some bird shooting if you manage to organise a hunt for the Kafue Lechwe in the Kafue flats.
Some of the birds you should be able to bag are
Spurwing,Knob nose, guinea fowl, francolin and other water fowl species.

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zambian, Thanks as well. I am starting to get excited about this trip. Any other suggestions?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, the flats also have some good zebra to be had although I am not too sure wether they are on allocation for foreign hunters, inquire with Johnny on that one I am sure he has all the info you need. When are you planning this trip? give me a shout and I will pick up the dinner tab.Also for your info the flats are split into two sections,the Kafue river splits the two areas one is the Lochinvar GMA and the other one is the blue lagoon GMA. I havent hunted lochinvar but I do hunt blue lagoon every year as it is literally a two hour drive from Lusaka and on good roads as african roads go.If you are going to hunt the lochinvar area there are loads of game ranches in that area and they have a wide variety of game available.Do not get put off by the word ranch as most of these "ranches" are huge tracts of land and is not easy hunting.

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote