Find
Notify
Tools

Alan Bunn Forum?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
SCI is basically like most organisations including your and my government. It does not really matter if we personally get a vote or not as once a vote is cast for someone to represent us then when elected they do what they want and not always in everybody's best interest.

Of course we can turf them out at some point in time or they get replaced by one form or another BUT essentially we have no real control over someone no matter whom elects them.

If we dont like it we join another organisation that is our individual choice.

It comes back to my origional point that we are either democratic or we arnt. But democracy does not give us control it just enables us to slightly re-arrange the deck chairs.

Look what democracy brings us, Wiki Leaks and the likes, not that I am against the information being leaked just that we wrongly think that democracy works when in reality it leaves us vunerable.

Maybe SCI which could be a (very lose form) of dictatorship or an authoritarian organisation is NOT THAT BAD after all, at least they get things done in most instances. Can you imagine if they were totally democratic and we all had our say what a mess that might be.

I personally like their (SCI) publications and the price is not bad and they do have leverage at higher levels which we mere mortals dont have

If there is another WORLDWIDE organisation that truly represents the (small fish hunter perse) let us all know so we can look at the benefits !!!

Peter SCI international and NZ chapter member SINCE 1998

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
I hate that Kathi got dragged into this. I like her posts.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gpopper - If you go way way back to my original post you will see that the only question raised was "why can't we put the Alan Bunn posts all together somewhere". Kathi didn't get dragged into anything other than it would also be easier for all to view her posts, Alans and others of like nature if in a seperate forum. No where has it been suggested as far as I know that these folks not be allowed to post. My thougth was it would just make it easier to follow along with them. Others immediately turned my post into a SCI bashing thread as happens a lot on here for their own reasons I guess?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by gbanger:

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gbanger:

I think I am to blame for that. Like Larry I thought that some of these posts especially Alan's could be condensed and maybe some of Kathi's posts would be more suited to the Africa - Reference and Information as often they do not relate to Big Game Hunting?

SCI could well do with a forum of its own?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote