THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    April Fools Day starts early! Have you seen this?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April Fools Day starts early! Have you seen this?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
FORMAL NOTICE of INVESTIGATION:

UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE HOMELAND SECURITY ACT OF 2002 ("PATRIOT ACT") AND THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, AN INTERAGENCY TASK FORCE COMPRISED OF THE FBI, ICE, BATFE, SECRET SERVICE, AND OTHER PERTINENT AGENCIES, DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN, HAS SEIZED ALL LOG AND DATA FILES OF THIS SITE, CERTAIN MEMBERS OF WHICH ARE UNDER SUSPICION OF ACTS (OR CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ACTS) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SEDITION, CONDUCT (OR ESPOUSING CONDUCT) DETRIMENTAL TO THE INTERESTS OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AND/OR THE SAFETY OF UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND INFRASTRUCTURE, HERE AND ABROAD, ADVOCATING VIOLATIONS OF FIREARMS STATUTES, UNLAWFUL FIREARMS USAGE, AND ACTS INIMICAL TO THE WAR ON TERROR.

CIVIL RIGHTS INVESTIGATIONS MAY ALSO BE UNDERWAY DUE TO MEMBERS ADVOCATING VIOLENT ACTION BY OR AGAINST SPECIFIC GROUPS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WHITE SUPREMACISTS, BLACK SEPARATISTS, HOMOSEXUALS, PEDOPHILES, POLYGAMISTS, IMMIGRANTS (DOCUMENTED OR UNDOCUMENTED), AND OTHER GROUPS COMMONLY DESCRIBED AS "HATE GROUPS".

THE SITE WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE UNTIL SUCH TIME AS A FINAL DETERMINATION HAS BEEN MADE WHETHER TO CLOSE THE SITE PERMANENTLY.

YOU ARE DULY NOTIFIED THAT THE SITE WILL REMAIN UNDER CONTINUOUS MONITORING, AND ALL POSTS, UPDATES, CHANGES, ETC. WILL BE LOGGED.

IN THE INTERIM, THE WEBMASTER, AS THE ADMINISTRATOR AND U.S. REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SITE'S OWNER, HAS BEEN DECLARED A MATERIAL WITNESS AND HAS BEEN PLACED IN PROTECTIVE CUSTODY.

CASE #04015576134L

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
The sad part is that it took me a few minutes to realize that it was a joke.....

Civil liberties in the US just ain't what they used to be Frowner

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
OK, I bit.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got me too,kind of wondered when polygamists were mentioned.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You had me fooled. I didn't vote for George Bush and I thought maybe he had just caught up with me. Yikes! You guys need to cut that kind of nonsense out. Every scarey thought about not having civil liberties had just come true with me being duly notified. Who would they take into protective custody? The moderators? I may be a Democrat in a sea of Republicans but I'm also a VietNam veteran and an honest American citizen. I also like guns and I love to hunt...But that "Notice" scared the piss out of me.

Robert Jobson

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
OH MY!!!!!! roflmao Hook line & sinker! Good Job!

"Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass." Mark Twain - Chris - IYAOYAS!

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
quote:
IN THE INTERIM, THE WEBMASTER, AS THE ADMINISTRATOR AND U.S. REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SITE'S OWNER, HAS BEEN DECLARED A MATERIAL WITNESS AND HAS BEEN PLACED IN PROTECTIVE CUSTODY.

Yes, in rubber room locked in with Walter who has a bad case of ass gas!roflmao

"Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass." Mark Twain - Chris - IYAOYAS!

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Had me going as well! Happy April Fools Day -- I guess!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Arriba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CK:
quote:

Yes, in rubber room locked in with Walter who has a bad case of ass gas!roflmao

You own me a keyboard, a shirt and a tie!
They did not resist a tsunami of coffee roflmao

But there are also unknown unknowns ;-)

Posts: 735 | Location: Old Europe's center | Registered: 06 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rwj, if the elections had gone the other way that notice would not have been a joke!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, come on Die Ou Jagter,

obviously many users dont think this is a joke - although the elections went the way they did!

Everyone's so afraid of Homeland Security - it's simply ridiculous!

About time you'd realise that the limitation and violation of democratic civil rights starts at YOUR telephone, at YOUR internet connection, and not just in some rogue states far away!

Homeland Security is there to protect you! And you are afraid of it???

Posts: 337 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mahler
posted Hide Post
One third of the usual traffic, what are people afraid of? Big Grin

---------------------
"Iraq did Not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there,"
July 2004, Bush

"One of the Hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the War on terror."
-- Bush, September 2006

Posts: 422 | Location: 7th floor | Registered: 25 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mahler:
One third of the usual traffic, what are people afraid of? Big Grin

This is disgusting! Where are all the "Give me liberty or give me death" sort of posters???

one of us
Picture of Mahler
posted Hide Post
And those well known assholes come, their names appear, they don't post and run as fast as they can roflmao

---------------------
"Iraq did Not have the weapons that our intelligence believed were there,"
July 2004, Bush

"One of the Hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the War on terror."
-- Bush, September 2006

Posts: 422 | Location: 7th floor | Registered: 25 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That'll teach the moderators to delete posts!
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hook, Line & Sinker here as well.
Mike

"Too lazy to work and too nervous to steal"

Posts: 201 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
elwood, (my middle name) a bit afraid of homeland security, feel no safer. I flew to RSA 10 days after 9/11 with out any concern. The so called security added will stop no one with the true desire to harm our citizens.

Freedon has a price it is not free.

Many in this country my age remember days of true freedom. When I was about 10 - 12 years of age I would regularly walk the roads with a 22 over my shoulder and no on one thought a thing about it, today a kid with actions like that would be arrested in a New York second.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Freedon has a price it is not free.

And this ridiculous piece of comedy is supposed to be the price??? Does America have to be protected against conspiracies from this forum???

Sorry, but this is pathetic...

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I admit I fell for it all the way. I saw that and I immediately started worrying about my security clearance and Army career. It scared the tar out of me.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
elwood, I just took notice of your signature line and when things got tough in the middle east Germany got going the other way!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
elwood, I just took notice of your signature line and when things got tough in the middle east Germany got going the other way!

Stick to the topic and at least try to answer my questions - they are serious!

If you want to talk to me about Germany in the middle east just open a new thread.

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
The ONLY joke about this guys, is the actual post saying it's under investigation ...

Anyone who doesn't think this site isn't already continuously monitored now is kidding themselves ... just the FBI, CIA, Secret Service, BATFE, ACLU, UMC, etc. ad nauseum, aren't going to come out and post a great big billboard announcing they're looking into things.

Obey the law, pay your taxes to the IRS and keep your nose clean, and who cares if there's an ongoing investigation. With the sniffer programs they have on the web and phonelines, there already is.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Dang!!! I thought Don and Saeed were finally getting what they deserve. jump

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Be careful of what you wish for, be careful of what you joke about, because you might just get it.......... Wink

AD

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Next we will find out ScottS has been a secret FBI agent all this time ..............

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
I admit I fell for it all the way. I saw that and I immediately started worrying about my security clearance and Army career. It scared the tar out of me.

Yup, just the reaction they had in the Warsaw Pact countries.
Doesn't it make you think that something is getting rotten ?
Definitely no more the country I learned to love..

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:

M1Tanker, yeah - I'm on the Civilian side (COE), but with no security clearance. Still, yikes! Eeker I do good to keep up with immediate relative's birthdays, and all of the various season openings, much less April Fools Day.

These sort of things work best when really could believe it happening.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P.T. Barnum said it best; I fell for it hook, line & sinker......

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bit hard too. But Ben is probably right. If you are into guns and talk about it on the net someone is probably listening. Good hunting. "D"

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote