THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Who are Today's Top Ten Buffalo Hunters?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who are Today's Top Ten Buffalo Hunters?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
In a similar vein to the elephant thread,

Who are Today's Top Ten Buffalo Hunters?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Mark Sullivan of course!!!! Have you not seen the videos??? jumping

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed. He's taken over 100 Cape buffalo while hunting as a client.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't argue with that.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
100 Cape Buffalo!!!! Saeed is living the dream!!! aside from owning this website and a huge petting zoo...what does he do anyway? besides hunt the world...Has he been to Alaska Yet??

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Saeed followed by Craig Boddington... If we exclude the buffalo erradication culls Which were alot of shooting but very little hunting), both have shot more buffalo than I personally have, and, doing a rough count, Saeed has shot more Buffalo than I have guided clients onto Eeker

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silwane:
Well Mark Sullivan of course!!!! Have you not seen the videos??? jumping

I think in this case the question should be: Who is the top shooter of his client's buffalo?

The answer would certainly be MarK Sullivan! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Ganyana has cetainly put that into perspective!

From what I have read and heard, along with having hunted the area, I belive Adam Clements and Luke Samaras have some of the the very best trophy buffalo hunt areas.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Next week it will be me.

I am always the number one buffalo hunter while I am the hunter! Wink

After I return however I'd have to guess that Saeed is definitely the most prolific client hunter of modern times.

Peter Flack is right up there too I think.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wished I had the scratch to hunt 100 buff! hillbilly

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
With all respect to Saeed,

No 1; Harry Selby (he is just having a pause, until his knee is fixed)

No 2; Andrew Holmberg (He is also having a pause, but who knows, he will hunt buffalo again!)

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
How about Johan Calditz... Saw a video of him, when he assumed nyati was dead and walked right up to him.. Nyati spun around from a lying on the ground and Johan dove backwards and fired his 500 double both barrels from the hip and buf died between his legs and his baseball cap was under the bufs chest. Head shot...Had a bit of the shakes after that one...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Not that it is an option for me, but how does a guy go about sport hunting 100+ buffalo? Do you find an outfitter with large unused quotas and see if he will sell you them all, or is it just a matter of multiple safaris per year and many years? With my one buffalo I'm not considering making a run at the record, I'm just curious. wave

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogleg:
how does a guy go about sport hunting 100+ buffalo?

Get rich, get fit and get serious about spending a couple of million dollars (at least) on hunting in Africa.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
I would venture to say that although having the means is a factor. Folks who repeatedly and consistently chase and shoot buffalo, do it because they like it. They aren't out to prove anything or rack up numbers. They just really enjoy it.

If Saeed wanted to admonish some of us for spouting BS that invariably the quasi-experienced do, he inarguably has the experience to do so. This is something I have not witnessed here. I do admire the man for that. I have met too many, who with merely 1/100th of the experience express a degree of expertise they cannot possibly possess.

I personally don't care what numbers others have achieved. Saeed is humble and exhibits humility in spite of undoubtedly worldly achievements. He could blow his own horn if he wanted. I've seen no evidence of this here, ever. I will listen to his experiences and opinions. He could take over this board and make it a "ME ME ME!" thing. He doesn't. I'm impressed. The numbers attained by the other nine in the top ten don't matter to me.

This board could be a so much different place if the sponsor decided to make it so. I'm grateful that it is not. I'm merely thankful for this.

Enough said.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dogleg,

I think tha money and time are the most important factors in being able to shoot a lot of buffalo, elephant or anything else. I think you'd be surprised how many people still hunting today have shot 50 trophy elephants, 25 lions etc. etc.

If you tell your safari operator that you want to shoot 10 buffalo or 5 elephants there will be a way to legally arrange it if you have the time and money.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13018 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
quote:
Originally posted by Dogleg:
how does a guy go about sport hunting 100+ buffalo?

Get rich, get fit and get serious about spending a couple of million dollars (at least) on hunting in Africa.

500 Grain,
I suspect I'll never be rich, though I should be able to continue to make it to Africa once a year. Next is in Zim in July for elephant and a couple buff if hunting luck allows. I'm just curious whether hunters with numbers like Saeed shot 5 buffalo on a trip, or went on 5 trips a year with one buffalo per trip.(for instance, these are random numbers). It's entirely idle curiousity on my part, with a tiny bit of envy. Wink

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogleg,

I think you can see in Saeed's hunt reports that he shoots several buff per trip. There is a German with over 100 bull elephants under his belt, and he did it by shooting multiple elephant per trip (and committing several million dollars to the endeavor).

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote