THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    PLEASE Stop Posting Irrelevant Posts On This Forum!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PLEASE Stop Posting Irrelevant Posts On This Forum!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been deleting quite a number of posts - mostly concerning the political situation in Zimbabwe.

I have left a couple going on this forum, so anything relating to what is going on politically in Zimbabwe can be posted there.

The situation in Zimbabwe does concern us all, and anyone who wishes to post anything political, please use the Political Forum.

I would appreciate your co-operation.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing some "policing".

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone in violation of this policy will be "invited" to serve 60 days of hard labor in Zimbabwe's platinum mine. Wink

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I realize that this is your forum and can run it ANYWAY you want. No problem.

But just what does your thread "Living happily Together" have to do with African Hunting, either.

Asking people to post pertinent information about he fluctuating situation in Zim to the Crater is like throwing the newspaper into the play pen. Doubt that anything would be readable in a short time.

How about a moderately moderated forum about African News and Headlines?

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that I went to the Political Forum once. Never again!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the "African Travel" or "Africa - Reference And Information" forums would a better place to post the Zim political situation topics? Also, maybe change/add to the description of one of these forums to include African Politics.

I agree that the current Political Forum isn't very useful for posting topics of genuine interest.

Just my to cents...
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to start a new forum on Zimbabwe? Since it's such an area of concern for so many right now, I think that would be a useful forum, and more focused on the issues.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by jetdrvr:
The Political forum is primarily a few interested parties throwing rocks and a general waste of time, although I must admit I have wasted a bit of my time there.

A thread, or multiple threads, on the political situation in Zimbabwe can directly effect people's finances and personal safety. This thread is about African hunting. Deleting informative posts on African hunting, or the potential danger to those contemplating hunting in Zim given the current political situation that are definitely newsworthy, is, IMHO, doing a disservice to the membership. Much more pertinant, Saeed, than your latest feline acquisiton, or an oryx eating a pigeon.

It's your forum and you obviously can administer it as you wish. I have friends in Africa who keep me posted on the goings on, but most do not, other than what they pick up on this and a couple of other forums.

I think posts on Zim's troubles should stand undeleted. Otherwise, as has been suggested, a new heading on African current events would be very helpful.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Political forum is primarily a few interested parties throwing rocks and a general waste of time, although I must admit I have wasted a bit of my time there.

A thread, or multiple threads, on the political situation in Zimbabwe can directly effect people's finances and personal safety. This thread is about African hunting. Deleting informative posts on African hunting, or the potential danger to those contemplating hunting in Zim given the current political situation that are definitely newsworthy, is, IMHO, doing a disservice to the membership. Much more pertinant, Saeed, than your latest feline acquisiton, or an oryx eating a pigeon.

It's your forum and you obviously can administer it as you wish. I have friends in Africa who keep me posted on the goings on, but most do not, other than what they pick up on this and a couple of other forums.

I think posts on Zim's troubles should stand undeleted. Otherwise, as has been suggested, a new heading on African current events would be very helpful.

Saeed said in his post:

quote:
I have left a couple going on this forum, so anything relating to what is going on politically in Zimbabwe can be posted there

What part of posting in the open threads on the subject did you not understand?

Confused

Don

Posts: 26548 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Typical post and question from a New Englander DRG. What's with you people back there! I agree with others here that feel that the situation in Zim right now is totally African in nature and relative to all us hunters here on the forums and warrant no restrictions.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:

Saeed said in his post:

quote:
I have left a couple going on this forum, so anything relating to what is going on politically in Zimbabwe can be posted there

What part of posting in the open threads on the subject did you not understand?

Confused

Don

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Typical post and question from a New Englander DRG. What's with you people back there! I agree with others here that feel that the situation in Zim right now is totally African in nature and relative to all us hunters here on the forums and warrant no restrictions.

Practically ALL of Africa is in some sort of turmoil, do we post everything about that here too?

There are many news sites that report news about Zimbabwe and what is going on there, so we are not going to be duplicating them here.

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
As I love spending time here on AR and in Africa, I for one find any info on Africa Via ARs "African forum" informative and of interest.
Regards,
Adam

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Practically ALL of Africa is in some sort of turmoil, do we post everything about that here too?

There are many news sites that report news about Zimbabwe and what is going on there, so we are not going to be duplicating them here.

Saeed,

But most of those countries are not popular hunting destinations.

The great thing about this site is that we get people that are hunters, on the ground, that can comment of this stuff and allow us to separate the wheat from the chaff. Thats mainly why I read the stuff. To find out how it is going to affect hunting and hunters in those countries where I have a hunting interest.

On a pure hunting interest, I agree that postings about, say, Darfur are not appropriate. But economic collapse or political chaos in Zim or other countries is of interest.

But this is your site. You can do with it what you will. Please at least consider another forum that will allow us to post about the political and economic info on hunting destinations.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Typical post and question from a New Englander DRG. What's with you people back there!

We know how to read?

Don

Posts: 26548 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DRG - The question mark after your "we know how to read?" Does this mean you do or don't know how to read? I was referring to the attitude of most New Englanders in general. Always that smart a$$, know it all, better than everyone else thing that seems to come out.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Ops, maybe should have put this in a PM??

quote:
quote:
Typical post and question from a New Englander DRG. What's with you people back there!

We know how to read?

Don

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Don & Saeed, so how is this thread related to sport hunting in Africa?????

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=874107358#874107358

Just wondering.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We know how to read?

Don

It's awful. I labor daily under the strictures of the same disability. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13661 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you guys realize I am just jerking your chain a little? No malice intended? Oh, I forgot, no sense of humor goes along with that area as well, must be the Teddy Kennedy influence!! I'll give it a rest now. Have a good one.

Larry Sellers

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I too was born and brought up in New England and you can see from a recent thread what an ass I am.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Now let us stop this!

New Englanders definiely have no right to claim they are the only ones who make fools of themselves sometimes!

I can assure you everyone one of us has had that pleasure at one time or another clap

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Now let us stop this!

New Englanders definiely have no right to claim they are the only ones who make fools of themselves sometimes!

I can assure you everyone one of us has had that pleasure at one time or another clap

I represent that remark!!!!!!

Smiler

Don

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
But this is your site. You can do with it what you will.

There appear to be many here that do not understand this shocker

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
quote:

I'm not one of them.

I've been reading since age four. That's 62 years. Don't know when you learn to read in New England. Likely during those long and bitter winters.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
quote:

I'm not one of them.

I've been reading since age four. That's 62 years. Don't know when you learn to read in New England. Likely during those long and bitter winters.

That's the difference between New Englanders and the rest of the world.

We are born with the ability to read. No one teaches us anything.

Roll Eyes

Don

one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's the difference between New Englanders and the rest of the world.

We are born with the ability to read. No one teaches us anything.

Roll Eyes

Don

Nor can they. Wink

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote