Find
Notify
Tools

Shopping for factory DG ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted
Any recommendations for Hornady ammo online. Trying to find some options that have both good prices AND affordable shipping.

Any thoughts? (Besides learn to reload Big Grin)

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JCS, what caliber(s)?

Posts: 20162 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I bought 7 or 8 boxes of 416 Rem. off gunbroker.com. Brand new stuff, significantly discounted. I'm sure they'd have what you are looking for too.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Specifically 450NE, 416Ruger.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try graf and sons, in Missouri. Just google them up. Prices are competitive and shipping is fast and reasonable.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
Try graf and sons, in Missouri. Just google them up. Prices are competitive and shipping is fast and reasonable.

Mad Dog

+1

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
450-400 is in tight supply until Hornady makes another run. I just bought 4 boxes from Buffalo Arms Co. in Idaho. Good folks, arrived in 4 days!
I have also used Discount Gun Mart in SanDiego and Able's in Texas.
When I need ammo, I Google the caliber and most of these come up if it is in stock.
Alternative, call Hornady Customer Service and ask where they have shipped recently...good folks and very helpful...they will point you to dealers with it.
Note, Federal did the same when I couldn't find any Mag Rifle primers...had them on the door step in 5 days from another Idaho dealer!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Graf has both in stock, 85 for 450 and 57 for 416. Ordering on line saves a little money on the handling charges. www.grafs.com

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3-4 boxes of Hornady 450 NE in stock at the Fort Worth Cabelas. I do believe it was discounted $10-$15.
I was wanting some 470 NE but of course there was none there.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote