New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uganda Safari
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I finally leave Tuesday for a long awaited Uganda Safari in the Karamojo region. I am very lucky to have Nigel Thiessen for my ph. I have not been this excited about a hunt since my first trip to the Cameroon rainforest.

Mike

Posts: 1860 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, wish I was going with you! Smiler

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and good hunting to you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I envy you greatly. Nigel is as good as they come and better than most. He was my very first PH back in 1987. He is still my PH whenever I can make a trip to Africa.

Tom

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
All the best my good friend and I hope you find that 50" buffalo you so richly deserve. Thanks for the call before I left... had a good hunt and want to catch up with you in Dallas!
Cheers,
Russell

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

~Ann

Posts: 19239 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike, the best on this trip want to hear all about it in Dallas.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Good luck and travel safe.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Safari njema my friend! tu2

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Have a great Safari Mike,
How I envy you. I missed out on my opportunity to visit that part of Africa this season.
Who knows, maybe next season?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your going to love it. I did when I was there this year.Good hunting but watch out for then midnight golf champion aka Patrick Big Grin Big Grin .

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Mike: PLEASE....PLEASE....PLEASE....tell that rascal Nigel that Brennan says "hello". Thank you very much!!!! And get his Ugandan cell number. Have Fun.

Posts: 503 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second that tell Nigel. Hooker said hello to Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have a safe safari. Will be looking forward to the hunt report on your return.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tsquare2:
I envy you greatly. Nigel is as good as they come and better than most. He was my very first PH back in 1987. He is still my PH whenever I can make a trip to Africa.

Tom

Mike,
May God be with you on your journey!

From our many conversations...you know Tom and I feel exactly the same about Nigel. tu2

I'll check on you while your on the other side.

Shoot striaght, have fun, and keep well my friend!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36856 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote