Re: Doctor Optics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
/

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever heard of this brand of scopes? I thought the name sounded rather funny until an employee at a local gun store told me about how the company was owned by a group of doctors. He said they were great scopes. Has anyone else tried them?

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.docteropticsusa.com/scopes/index.html

Their US product catalogue. They used to make a very high grade aspherical lens scope but it is not listed here. I hope they did not drop it from their production, though it was extremely expensive and that may be the reason why...

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Alf,

Ever comes across any IOR scopes? They seem to have imput from the old East German Zeiss and I believe they now have a tie up with Meopta who are producing certain scopes for them under contract.

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Thanx for that. Do you have any contact info for them? I haven't heard of them...I'm looking for another one for the wife's 308.

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just info -
Natchez S.S. has the 3 x 9 x 40, 1", for U.S.$344.50. Bear Basin has the same for U.S.$329. Bear Basin "appears" to beat most all on the 30mm models, too.

Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
/

one of us
posted Hide Post
hhmag,

Try www.bearbasin.com I think that may include free shipping, also, not sure.

I haven't looked lately but www.swfa.com does have a 110% rebate/refund policy "on the difference" of any scope price listed from another authorized dealer that beats their price. Now this "guarantee" from them is about as slippery as a barrel of a*sholes but you may want to check and see if they, too, sell Docter, for a comparison and possible further discount.

Good hunting. Hope Ivan spares you guys.

Dungbeetle

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ALF,

Thanks for the Docter Germany website. They still offer their 8x56 30mm scope with Aspherical lenses in Europe as a premium product but don't sell it in the USA. I hope they don't discontinue production altogether...

Thanks for the link. Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote