Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tholo Safaries Botswana
 Login/Join

posted
In my search for a 2011 plaines game outfitter I came across Tholo Safaries in Botswana. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
HogSlayer1

Posts: 23 | Location: Texas, United States | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them in May of 2009 and had an incredible time. The safari was everything I hoped it would be. That said, it was my first safari.

Here is my report.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...581052011#2581052011

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My experience was similar to that of GeoffM24. The plains game portion of my first African hunt, in July '09, was at Tholo. I could not have been more satisfied with the accommodations, food, service and especially the hunting. Steven van der Merwe, my PH, did a fantastic job, and Clive and Linda Eaton were most gracious hosts. I have not yet posted my hunt report, but feel free to pm me for any additional info you may require.

Good luck. This will be an experience!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if I may say so I dont see why anyone would go for a plains game hunt in Bots, when Namibia is so much cheaper and offers most of the game!

Posts: 2553 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
if I may say so I dont see why anyone would go for a plains game hunt in Bots, when Namibia is so much cheaper and offers most of the game!

The prices at Tholo are right in line with anything in Namibia. Personally, having bushman trackers was a huge draw for me. Also, my PH and most of the PHs there hunt lots of dangerous game in the Okavango Delta so they are very skilled and told wonderful stories. Also the remote location of the property was what I was looking for. While there are plenty of hunting areas in Namibia that are the middle of nowhere, some are real close to Windhoek and feel a lot more like Texas or New Mexico with lots of roads, telephone poles, stores etc.

There certainly is nothing wrong with Namibia and it is similiar for sure.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Tholo is very reasonably priced and I wouldn't hesitate to hunt there. I believe Wendell Reich who posts on here books for them.
Hunters Quest

If you are near Dallas, go by and see him at the show today, or give him a call.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote