Find
Notify
Tools

58" Kudu??
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris, that looks like my kudu's brother, very nice horns on him!

They really do. Smiler I have fondled them many times over at my friends house, so I know what you are in for. Kinda like my 46" stone sheep mount....you just can't take your eyes off them. Make sure you put that pedestal mount where you can look upon it often. Big Grin

Cheers,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boatammo:
2 weeks ago in S.A. I saw mounted on two different farms a 68" and one just under 74". My PH thought that the bigger one would be the world record but the gentleman that killed it had no interest in the books. He told me that between he and his son they had killed 420 kuda. The 68" was 4th in Rowland Ward when he shot it. I also saw a 52" sable at the place with the 73. It was incredible seeing something like those. I killed a 56" on the same farm where I saw the 68" mount. I also got a 52" earlier in the trip. I was very pleased with both of mine, but WOW those huge ones were neat to see.

Bloody hell; those are Kudu!!!

Who were you hunting with? Wink

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
zimbabwe,

Bringing my contributions to this thread back to the topic (ie. Hijack Off).....

Here's a pic of Tim's kudu, which was just shy of 60".

Its shape is very similar to Ann's. Too bad the picture isn't as good...its a scan of a photo and lots of shadow on his face, etc....

Here's a pic of the buff he shot earlier on the hunt in a different area I believe...you can see his face a little better...might be able to recognize him on this one!

Cheers,
Canuck

Thats a great buff, of your mate's Canuck thumb

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair, JJHACK lined me up with Pieter Kreil. I had a great hunt.

Posts: 305 | Location: on the praire and liken it | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote