New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reno or Dallas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents: I have a convention reservation for Reno for Thurs/Fri but have a scheduling conflict which I could work around (at some expense).
If you had a choice for a first time convention (though I do the PNW Sportsman's Convention in Portland every year)would you choose Reno or Dallas? (I'm hoping to see Butch re: DR's to place a possible order for a .450-400 3").

Thanks,
ScottW
NRA Life
SCI

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am trying to go to Reno for the first time this year. So, I really don't know anything about that show.

I can tell you that I won't miss Dallas.

Dallas is a great time for me just becuase there is enough to see to keep you busy and not overwhelm you. The real reason I go is Social!

It is the one time each year when I have the priviledge of visiting with old friends from the DRSS and this forum.

The time I spend among these good folks and new friends, makes my time at the DSC a most treasured part of the year!

My advice is go to the DSC.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Reno this year, mainly so I can attend the American Custom Gun Guild show and visit some walnut vendors around Chico, CA.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote