Find
Notify
Tools

The time is near!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
The time for my South African safari is nearly at hand. After last month's SAA strike, I was starting to wonder if it was going to happen. Some fast footwork on the part of my hunt planners and we managed to rearrange the whole affair.

I'm very excited about this hunt, where I'll join Andrew McLaren (Safaris), primarily in the Freestate to pursue a variety of game by walk and stalk methods. Andrew (and Lochi Lochner, who is also helping put this together) has really gone the extra mile to make this hunt a reality. He secured my Temporary Import Permit for my firearms in advance to save me the trouble of standing in line at the airport. He has also worked very hard to ensure that all my wishes can be accommodated on the short notice created by the SAA strike that postponed this hunt nearly a month.

I'd like to say thanks to Andrew and Lochi and let everyone on AR know that these guys will do what it takes to make sure their clients are well taken care of. I'm very excited about this hunt and can't wait to return to post pictures of our success.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When do you arrive in Jo'berg?

Regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
DR,

I have met Andrew and he will work very hard to get you what you want. Both of these fellows are dedicated to making sure their client is happy.

Good luck hunting and safe travels,
BigBullet

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1218 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
When do you arrive in Jo'berg?

Regards, D. Nelson

Thursday August 11 at 5:05 pm.

BB, these guys have already worked very hard on my behalf, so I'm confident the hunt will work out well.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote