Notify
Tools

JudgeG, Please Help
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Judge,

I'm bored. Would you please write a story about hunting lions in Tanzania with Pierre? 30ott6 would appreciate it if you would throw in a smattering of leopard and buffalo. It would certtainly help pass the time for all of us.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
And maybe a paragraph on Ray and your dog? sofa

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just do not show any pictures of your jammies.... Eeker
And do not talk about you and that guy on the couch. shame

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Judge G,

We all would enjoy one of your well exicuted feats of word smithing.

Hog Killer

PS: May be something with: "the spent brass at my feet"??

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
The muse is resting. A bottle of Oban might wake his sorry ass up, though. nut

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Is Lent over already bewildered

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Isn't St. Bobby Burns Day a Feast Day, or something like that???

Anyway, I sent the Pope some chicken soup and he gave me a dispensation or an indulgence or one of those excuses.

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

Either is worth holding onto until you really need it! Got any ideas how you might put it to good use?

Remeber, Lent is a time to reflect upon the simple truth: non posse non peccare

Only 23 days to go...

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I am a Baptist and don't "officially" observe Lent. I do, however, understand the original reason for the practice, the excesses of Fat Tuesday excepted. To me, Lent is a very real way to focus on Christ's Sacrifice (capital letters used are herein intended).

My little sacrifices/pledges don't compare, of course, to the fact that Jesus took upon himself, as God, the sins, the deserved punishment, and the consequenses thereof of all of us... as the Perfect Substitute for what we, plainly, earn. To me, the Cross is just the beginning of what He did. The battle, victory and resurection are my joy.

Did I ever say I used to teach Sunday School?

I can joke, and I'm sorry if I offended you, but I can believe and act upon that belief. With a little help from my Friend... that is.. and when I pay attention... I do.

And, the "tag line" below is not entirely made in jest. There aren't a lot of mountains in the Selous.. but I've had "mountain top" experiences, there."

One more thing... I really admire Saeed's letting me so reflect, and respecting my thoughts. It is about impossible not to respect his faith when he gives me the opportunity to so expound. God Bless him.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy night. Somewhere across the gorge of the Zambezi valley, a lion gave its long and lonesome call, ending in a series of hacking coughs. Somewhere in the darkness, the old tom leopard takes a crunchy and sanguinary bite of the putrid warthog haunch that had been hung a week ago in the high limbs of an acacia tree by my faithfull trackers, Silence and Invisible. Crawling with maggots from days under the hot African sun, the warthog was ambrosia to the hungry, spotted devil, man killing leopard. Tossing my fezz from my head, and taking another swile of the Jack Daniels bottle beside my bed, then washing it down with a big gulp of Amarula, I oiled and polished my trusty 45/70, preparing for another day in the thick jess, where an angry cape buffalo, tick birds clinging to every crevice of the thick boss of a 52 inch spread of horns, and looking to all the world as if I was just someone else who owed him money, waited to make the decision of how he wanted to die, and would finally end up as just black death at my feet. Taking another sweating Tusker beer from the cooler at the foot of the bed, popping the top, and sipping the cooling liquid, I took a delightful whiff of the mopane smoke from the dwindling camp fire. Placing my monicle in my right eye, I examined the list of suggested tips that my rugged PH had presented to me for the third time. What's this $300 for the kitchen staff, $200 for the game scout, $500 for the gun bearer, $100 each for the other 10 camp staff, $250 for the Mogabe reelection fund. How am I going to pay this and the $4,500 customs clearance fee? Not counting the $900 in wounded and lost fee from the three impalas that I missed on the first day. As I reach for the Jack Daniels bottle, the chug, chug, chug of the camp generator being turned off, gives brief warning of the room being plunged into sudden darkness. Groping in the darkness for the bottle, I become intangled in the mosquito net hanging above the bed and...(to be continued)

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
RBHunt, my friend:

I thought that Saturday Night Live was about perfect. However, Dan, John and company could have used your wit. Thank you for brightening a not-so-good evening. I love one-ups-man-ship!

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
JudgeG,

I didn't mean to dis' you, bro! Smiler Sorry if I gave that impression.

the non posse non peccare, "not possible not to sin" is one of my favorites. Its fuller context (which I believe, is attributed to St. Augustine) is:

Posse non peccare; non posse non peccare; non posse peccare

or, "Possible not to sin (as in pre-Fall); not possible not to sin (present); not possible to sin (the future kingdom)."

It reminds me of the quote about a day "when we will not borrow all our joy from hope."

p.s. I like your tag!

God bless,

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
RBHunt - What a hoot!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
RB- Please, do continue.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
But, of course, continue, RB. (Gotta put in all the commas my students dropped from their papers). And a little sanguination on the uses, foibles, and attributes of your .45/70.
jump

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RB...what a hoot!
Brightened my day.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
RB,

roflmao

Love it!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
RB

Way to go, any time the judge is out of sorts, probably misplaced his single malt, I hope you will sally forth. Lets hear some more.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CFA,

Glad to be able to stand in. Waiting for the right "inspiration" to continue. Wink

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will step in here and hopefully add some levity to the mood here, and respectfully ask my friend the Judge to tell the story of the snake that he almost sat on in the Kwazulu/Natal last year. That story will definitely brighten up an evening.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RB,

loved it! I will join the others in encouraging you to continue.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote